Author Topic: My 'goggles' for glasses  (Read 1104 times)

DaBigMP

• View Profile
My 'goggles' for glasses
« on: June 09, 2017, 04:38:41 PM »
I was inspired by Walt's post to find a better way to wear my safety goggles with my glasses instead of doubling up.  I don't have prescription goggles, so this was my take.  I had to take a lot off the top of the lenses to get the flip "working", but overall I'm pretty happy with them.

I started with these clip on sunglasses since they had one lens piece:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXY3UB6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was able to pull out the pins holding the lens to the glasses attachment.  Then I aligned the lens to the nose piece on the goggles and taped it to the front of the goggle lens.  I drilled out the pin holes, and use a short length of solid core wire to pin the goggle lens to the glasses attachment.  Once I was happy with the positioning, I put a few drops of super glue on the front an back to secure it in place and snipped off the excess wire.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My 'goggles' for glasses
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 07:34:57 PM »
Excellent...!!!
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv1qee2vb65785t/SetupBenCutLaser3.2a.zip?dl=0
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

Stonemull

• View Profile
Re: My 'goggles' for glasses
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 08:42:51 PM »
I agree with Mr Burns with one  big caveat.
The green glasses are made for red lasers, they are pretty poor performers on these lasers and the laser is still a class 3B while wearing them. The sunglasses were probably as good as the green unfortunately, possibly even better, seriously.
There are red glasses you can get using the same frames the green comes in, they drop the blue laser down to safe levels and only cost a few bucks, these would be a great solution for them, they really do need a lift away version, so much more intrusive than the green, a lot darker.

A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Wanhao I3+ touch
Hacked Roland DXY-880
CNC3018 engraver
CNC Plasma (work in progress)