Author Topic: PDF FOR CUTTING MATERIAL.  (Read 1353 times)

ROSS

• View Profile
PDF FOR CUTTING MATERIAL.
« on: May 22, 2016, 02:38:59 AM »
  [AMENDED]

I would use the table as a guide..NOT gospel........

(Cutting acrylic obviously work for some and not for others depending on settings and power of the laser.  I think 2.5w is about the starter for acrylic cutting as  Ralph has proved..... and I rather think that there is acrylic and acrylic (depending where you live).... 
Heck they even call some acrylic Perspex (which is a trade name NOT a material).

SEE ALSO
http://fablabdevon.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Laser_Safe_Materials1.pdf
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 12:19:24 AM by ROSS »
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

dindunuffin

• Not even bright enough to participate in forum.
    • View Profile
Re: PDF FOR CUTTING MATERIAL.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 07:34:36 AM »
Thanks Ross!  on item #3 you label 'foil'.  I'm assuming you mean standard aluminum foil like we use in the kitchen?

Nigelnowhere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 07:41:10 AM »
Also it says acrylic is no. However I can attest that I have followed what Ralph said and I have very successfully cut colored acrylic with a  2.5 watt laser
2500mw Eleks Maker A3 and A5 running GRBL 0.9 and using T2 laser. I have two lasers and I am not afraid to make them work for me.

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 08:46:01 AM »
Thanks Ross!  on item #3 you label 'foil'.  I'm assuming you mean standard aluminum foil like we use in the kitchen?

NO...If you read the list you will see foil and you will see aluminium...The kitchen foil is aluminium but what foil they are on about I have not got a  clue.
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT