Author Topic: winding line issue!  (Read 1082 times)

ameersh

• View Profile
winding line issue!
« on: July 10, 2017, 10:37:58 AM »
Hi,

I have this issue where my machine can't make straight lines.

I checked steppers belt and tightened them as much as i can (not too much not too loos)

But still can't get perfect circle line or square line.

I attached some photos to show my problem.

Finiousfingers

• View Profile
Re: winding line issue!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 10:44:13 AM »
Sorry to have to ask but you just gotta start at the basics sometimes.
You checked the belts you said, but what about the teeth on the belt, does it do the same if you move the start point over and down some?
also what about the laser mount and rail are they snugged up?
Those look to me like the laser is wiggling.
When you run it and it gets to that spot on the square, do you hear it do a back n forth sound?

After that, I would try using the sample square and circles under the help section and see if they do the same.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 10:59:58 AM »
It looks like there is some play somewhere. It looks like the circles are completing but something is sliding during the process to make it off.

It is pretty much pointless to go 0.1 for the resolution. Most lasers' dots are .1mm in diameter, so setting it to .05 will just make the job longer with nothing really gained.

Being that you are just sending shapes, so it is going by vector (and not raster), the line on the square is concerning. The x axis should not have been moving for that leg on the left to jiggle the line like it did. Is your laser on something like a workbench? If so, you do not want to be working on the other end banging around. I looks like your engraver got jostled.

Another thing that may help is to add vibration dampeners to your feet (ie - furniture cloth foot pads) and to find a way to secure your engrave to the workspace.

***EDIT***
Also, check your cables. Make sure they are all moving freely and nothing is binding. your laser module could be getting pulled around.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 11:01:07 AM by ThothLoki »
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 11:14:49 AM »
Lots of good suggestions, I would also make sure the axis are moving smoothly (with belts disconnected or at least motors unplugged). The wobble looks like some play in the wheels to me.

nottingham82

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 11:26:44 AM »
yeah your wheels may be binding up a bit.  Check they are rolling free.  you might want to loosen the bolts on them a touch or lube em.
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

ameersh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 12:54:09 AM »
Yes what I found that the laser module wheels are little bit playing.

I'll try to fix it and get back to you with the result

Thank you guys for the suggestions, appreciated :)

ameersh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 11:36:23 AM »
I added spong pads wrapped with microfiber fabric to reduce resistance with the aluminium rails.

I got much better result, but I had to reduce the speed from 1000 to 900.

Check attachments

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 11:52:09 AM »
Well, that is one solution. You didn't really fix the problem, just compensated for it. The wheels need to be adjusted. You will need to loosen the screws and align the wheels correctly. There is a small amount of play between the M5 screw and the bearing. You do not want it super tight to the aluminum but not loose. It is something you have to play with and get the "feel" for.

What you are doing with the fabric is making the axis ride on that instead of the wheels. I would worry about the fabric compressing or falling out and introducing a wobble again.
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297