Author Topic: Allow laser on while jogging  (Read 611 times)

awslaser

• View Profile
Allow laser on while jogging
« on: August 24, 2017, 11:17:33 AM »
Is there a function to keep the laser on while jogging?  This would be beneficial while positioning the work piece.   

I saw some discussion in a previous thread on centering the work piece, but it sounded like the function was removed for safety reasons.  Is there a way to turn it back on?

Finiousfingers

• View Profile
Re: Allow laser on while jogging
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 11:39:23 AM »
some lasers have a low power button that turns on for focus
else
on the controller part you can do the trace frame with or without laser, and if you turn the laser power down then you dont have to worry about marring the surface quickly.

I myself use the button my laser for low power mode and then slide my cnc arm and head around to simulate the trace to make sure i am square.
Soon I will make a grid on a board so I can do it better but not today.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 12:23:18 PM »
In T2, on the control screen set the laser power to 5 (for 3 wire) and 50 (for 2 wire) and trace with laser on. It should be bright enough for you to see but not powerful enough to burn. Keep your glasses on for this part as every laser is different and you may need to adjust power to match your laser module
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:42:51 PM »
If you manually turn the laser on and have dynamic mode off AND rapid jog off it will leave the laser on while you move.