Author Topic: software workflow?  (Read 331 times)

kibodwin

• View Profile
software workflow?
« on: September 01, 2017, 06:17:07 AM »
I am still learning how to use this beast of a machine... and am undecided as to whether I should use coreldraw or laserdrw...
From my point of view laserdrw seems easier (I have got some good results but am having issues understanding the layout dimensions) and coreldraw is a complete unknown to me.
How do you go about using this laser with the provided software (yes, I do plan to upgrade the controller to a ramps, eventually!).
I would like to become more efficient and better understand the software side of things, right now I use a mixture of paintDotNet / inkscape and copy the images into laserdrw without making different layers for engraving / cutting.
Thanks,
Ki.
=)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps

laser_cutter

• View Profile
Re: software workflow?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 06:48:47 AM »

lulu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
Does it mean for K40 cannot use T2 laser?
Somebody knows where to get drivers for K40 for windows 10?

laser_cutter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 12:18:38 PM »
Does it mean for K40 cannot use T2 laser?
Somebody knows where to get drivers for K40 for windows 10?

T2 is an arduino board based program. You probably have to replace the control board in the k40 for T2 to work.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 01:31:09 PM »
I could probably adapt T2Laser for the standard board but my CO2 was long since converted after the original board failed. A replacement was too expensive so I used an L6 that I had sitting around and cost under $20.

It would be much easier to install a Grbl based board.

lulu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 10:55:48 PM »
I could probably adapt T2Laser for the standard board but my CO2 was long since converted after the original board failed. A replacement was too expensive so I used an L6 that I had sitting around and cost under $20.

It would be much easier to install a Grbl based board.

ohhh,so sad to hear....after one year using 0.5W laser and T2, I bought C2O laser and was thought to use T2.

lulu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 03:47:39 AM »
K40 whisper @ http://www.scorchworks.com/K40whisperer/k40whisperer.html

I am trying K40 for my C2O laser.
Too much simple-no options to change intensity for laser, resolution options, engrave only horizontally, use SVG files only from inscape (still try to use SVG files from CorelDraw X 7 home edition) but YES!!! it works for Chinese K40 C2O laser.