Author Topic: Possible feature addition?  (Read 1436 times)

waltermixxx

• 50x65 3000mw Engraver/cutter newbie!
    • View Profile
Possible feature addition?
« on: September 02, 2017, 09:44:51 PM »
could it be possible to add a counter to the T2laser controller dialog box (when a job is running) to show which pass the laser is on?
this would be handy when try to deturmin how many passes a particular material might require for a cut...   if there was a counter to show which pass it was on, it makes it easy to deturmine for the next time, how many passes to use?  :) hope this makes sense.... :)

Cheers.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada...
50x65 3000mWatt Engraver/Cutter Newbie. :)

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
Re: Possible feature addition?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 11:48:23 PM »
I hear you on that. For now, you can use the time remaining or percentage to determine that. For me, it does not change until it goes to the next pass.
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 04:05:48 AM »
Interesting suggestion, I will look at adding it in the next release.

waltermixxx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 04:22:00 AM »
Another possible suggestion would be to add a pause feature that turns the laser off, and pauses the gcode (once the buffer is depleated) so you can examine your cut better with the naked eye, and a button to resume the cut.... :)  My wife is a school teacher and will want me to cut various items, and I think having a pause feature would be great at examining cuts safely...?

Cheers. :)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 04:41:53 AM »
You mean make the pause feature more obvious  ;D

If you click the send envelope while it is running that is exactly what it does, but of course there's no feedback when you click and as you said it finishes the buffer before stopping so it's not very intuitive. When you click the envelope again, after it's paused it asks if you want to continue.

I need to improve that, thanks for reminding me.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:42:46 AM by Zax »

waltermixxx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 12:42:27 PM »
Thank you, I did not know that.... I think part of the problem is that like most men, I'm not reading the instructions, and for that I'm sorry, it must get annoying answering questions that are pointed out in the manual. :) I really should save the instructions on my ipad so I have it handy... :) thanks for taking the time to answer. :)

I'm going to collect the pdf's now and send them to my ipad while I'm thinking about it... then spend some time on the thrown reviewing it. :) (like most men) :)

Cheers.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 12:46:43 PM »
No problem, it doesn't bother me.

The manual is in Microsoft Help format so it is searchable, press Shift-F1 to load the manual and then click in the content section (on the right) and press Ctrl-F (to find) and type "pause" and it comes right up.