Author Topic: Lace  (Read 1835 times)

mrehmus

• Pilot, submariner, model engineer, etc., etc.
    • View Profile
    • Model Engine Builder
mrehmus
editor, Model Engine Builder magazine
Elekslaser A3 2.5 watt via Banggood
BCL
Qidi X-one 3D printer
Machine Shop with manual and CNC machines

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Lace
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 02:52:04 PM »
It would be much better with a CO2, but with the correct setup you may be able to use a 405nm diode.

kibodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 01:17:53 AM »
Zax, I hate to call you out on this but no, it is not better with a Co2 laser, well not for me anyhow. I am now sick of running through the garage with burning cardboard and / or paper, stomping on it like a madman and having to smile at the neighbours who wonder once again what the heck I am up to... One came up to me the other day and asked what dance I was practising for!! The cheek, I don't do the dancing thing, I have not seen my feet in years!!

on a little bit of a more serious note, I did try with the K40 on the minimum power (just before it starts whining from lack of power) and on a high feed rate but with the air assist and the fume extractor all I get is a burning mess of paper... I have had more luck on the 2.5 diode laser.
=)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 04:14:50 AM »
Really, mine will cut white copier paper without even burning the edge. It looks like you used scissors.

I have a raised mesh bed and air assist, run it as fast as possible and on mine it's around 4W of power. I suspect you aren't using enough power or it doesn't focus like mine. I can get the spot size to 80um, great for cutting but terrible for engraving which is why I got the diode laser.

kibodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 02:41:50 AM »
Mine is uncalibrated to the extreme, I have yet to clean or align the mirrors from when it was shipped!!
shameful I know. Hopefully I will get to spend some time this weekend working on it.
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps