Author Topic: Anet A8 extruder bracket  (Read 657 times)

pedwards2932

• View Profile
Re: Anet A8 extruder bracket
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 05:36:34 PM »
I bit the bullet and bought Simplify 3D still evaluating if it is worth it, the prints really do seem better.  It has the ability to set global offsets but for some reason my machine isn't listening.......I set it at .04 and saw no difference (it is too squashed) then I kept moving up all the way to 2mm and still not changing.  Anyone ever try setting offsets?

kered

• View Profile
    • Laracha-Meteo
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 03:10:28 PM »
After adjusting the bed with paper and the bed screws to get somwhere near you can adjust the z offset hight on the fly in the menu, once a print starts quickly go to tune and turn print speed rate down to about 20%, this will make it print very slow and give you time to tweek  the z offset, once done remember to  up speed back to 100% then store settings or next time you switch off the settings will be lost.
Eleksmaker A3 Pro with Z axis.
Heavily modded Anet A8 with Octoprint and Raspberry pi.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 07:52:29 PM »
My printer has two lead screws for the Z. The setup guide said to turn off power and use a depth gauge to make sure both sides are close in height. Twist one lead by hand to make level. I also saw a 3D printed height gauge. Put it between the bed and  X axle rail on one side and lower the Z till it touches. Move to other side and manually adjust. Probably could be a stick, just something that won't mar the build plate.

It was difficult to get the depth gauge to sit nicely on the build plate. Found that a flat metal plate placed on the bed rails worked.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

kered

• View Profile
    • Laracha-Meteo
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 04:53:40 AM »
I clipped a  simple clothes peg onto the lower bar and used that, use the same peg for both sides, the type that has a spring in the centre. I stays perfectly alighned as it has 2 legs to sit on when touching the bed. Later i printed a one that clipped onto the lead screw but found the peg to be easier to get on and off and just as acurate.
Eleksmaker A3 Pro with Z axis.
Heavily modded Anet A8 with Octoprint and Raspberry pi.

pedwards2932

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 03:37:56 AM »
I resolved my issue by printing a new z stop system that is adjustable.  It resolved all my issues as all you have to do is get the bed level and the x axis is parallel to the bed then you can adjust the z stop until you get the correct amount of squish for the first layer.  Since I have done this my first layer have come out great.