Author Topic: Can Laseraxe 2500mW Laser Engraver Be Run With BENBOX Software  (Read 470 times)

rkpgmp

• View Profile
Can Laseraxe 2500mW Laser Engraver Be Run With BENBOX Software
« on: September 08, 2017, 02:30:49 PM »
I just purchased another 2500mW Laseraxe Laser Engraver and the software I downloaded says to not use any other software but the CNCC software, and not BENBOX software because it will "flash" the card. This confuses me because the one that I previously got came with BENBOX software. Does anybody have any advice on a 'user friendly" software?
Thanks in advance!

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
Re: Can Laseraxe 2500mW Laser Engraver Be Run With BENBOX Software
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 03:06:48 PM »
It's not free but I would suggest T2Laser or BenCutLaser. Both are $40 and both offer full version trials with gcode and time limits.
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Can Laseraxe 2500mW Laser Engraver Be Run With BENBOX Software
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 03:29:25 PM »
The LaserAxe is a clone, and there are 3 versions floating around (that I know of).

The oldest used a locked Nano and attempting to flash it will brick the microcontroller. If that happens the only way to flash it is with a "programmer" (which is simple if you have a spare Uno).

The more recent one has different motor wiring but I have a custom firmware for it.

The latest version will work with my standard firmware, Grbl 1.1e.

It's likely you have the latest, or the previous version rather than the older one but I can't guarantee it. So there is some risk you will lock the Nano if you flash my firmware. If that happens and you don't have a programmer or Uno to fix it you would have to replace the Nano which is a $2 to $3 item so no big deal.