Author Topic: Can I use Home Switch Brackets for a laser machines  (Read 331 times)

SteveSmoke1

• View Profile
Can I use Home Switch Brackets for a laser machines
« on: September 15, 2017, 11:16:24 AM »
Hi,

I'm new here in this fantastic community. I have a question for my little project, I know this question is vulgar but I don't have much experience! This is my first project, I'm learning on the internet.

Can I use this home switch brackets for my laser machines if the mounting holes align with the spacing in the aluminum rails and that laser able to cutting plastic abs?

Can anyone please be able to guide me? I would be very thankful to you.

Thanks in advance.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can I use Home Switch Brackets for a laser machines
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 11:49:34 AM »
You can get nice limit switches on EBAY that have 2 mounting holes, 3 pin header, led, and cable. I use the laser to cut an insulating layer of 2mm foam and mount directly to the rails with tee nuts. Lots of similar posts can be found on this site.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »
I designed a mounting bracket for these to be 3D printed. It works but some superglue was involved  :o
Go with ggallant's idea on those switches because they take up less axis space and are easier to wire up.
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

SteveSmoke1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 01:24:16 AM »
You can get nice limit switches on EBAY that have 2 mounting holes, 3 pin header, led, and cable. I use the laser to cut an insulating layer of 2mm foam and mount directly to the rails with tee nuts. Lots of similar posts can be found on this site.

Thanks, Ggallant for your kind reply and advice.