Author Topic: Y axis wiring  (Read 758 times)

laser_cutter

• View Profile
Y axis wiring
« on: October 09, 2017, 12:06:39 PM »
This post assumes that users have bottom left as home (front of the machine), and control mounted to the back of the machine.

Would someone please post pictures of their Y axis cables ends, AND identify which Y axis plug into?  I made a cable longer - using the existing cable.  I connected red to red, yellow to yellow, black to black, and white to white.   I tested for signal, each connection had signal. I plugged in the extended cable. When I moved the gantry by hand I got a grinding noise, and it was the movement was stiff.

The Y axis has two plugs

Wired as such on the control board:
Right Side Y stepper B-B+A-A+ (Red, Yellow, Black, White)
Left Side Y Stepper   A+A-B+B1 (White, Black, Yellow, Red)

So I would like a picture of the stepper end connection.

Thanks and much appreciated.

Maverick

• View Profile
Re: Y axis wiring
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:54:38 PM »
Hope these images help, first is to show I have the frame set up like you describe.
2nd is left side stepper, 3rd is right side stepper and 4th is the control board looking from the back of it.
Plugs from left to right in the 4th image is X axis stepper, left Y axis stepper, right Y axis stepper then laser control.

Hope this helps
Bryce

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 04:11:33 PM »
It doesn’t matter which y stepper goes to which y plug in the controller. They are the same signal broken out into two plugs that are run off one stepper driver.
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 04:17:57 PM »
One connector is reversed, so the wiring should be identical from plug to motors.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 04:57:02 PM »
One connector is reversed, so the wiring should be identical from plug to motors.

Yes. Forgot about that. Thanks for the catch
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 05:46:10 PM »
So if you need to reverse the Y-axis you can swap the motor cables.