Author Topic: First Use of the Machine  (Read 682 times)

AlaynaMarie

• View Profile
First Use of the Machine
« on: October 09, 2017, 07:55:15 PM »
Ultimately, I intend to make some lamps, but I figured it would be a good idea to test out the image to find out what aspects of the picture needed tweaked before I tried actually cutting.  The splotchy burned parts are there because this was junk wood.  Overall, I'm very hopeful.  The biggest problems are from the original image (design too dense in places/double image around the edge are all image issues rather than software or hardware).  I burned this in two passes at a speed rate of 1000.  I assume that if I slowed it down a bit, then the burning would be a little more even - there do seem to be some places where the lines don't have even coverage, but I think that's more likely to be fixed by slowing down the speed than tightening the belts.  Since I'll be slowing it down to 100 when I try to cut the image out, that ought to take care of the issue.  I've got the 5.5W laser, so it seems like I ought to be able to cut through 3mm plywood in 4-5 passes.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: First Use of the Machine
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 03:59:49 AM »
I would say there's still a minor mechanical issue (looks like missed steps from friction) to resolve as the 2 passes are not directly on top of each other, at 1000 there should be no problem.

If you are using T2Laser and my firmware try enabling dynamic laser power as I think that will help even out the burn.