Author Topic: Unfinished paths/lines  (Read 1577 times)

Maverick

• View Profile
Unfinished paths/lines
« on: October 23, 2017, 12:21:54 PM »
Hey guys,

Just tried cutting a dxf file of a city silhouette, but the many smaller window holes did not fully cut, the paths in Inkscape are all complete but did not link to each other. The T2 preview display shows them being complete too. I'm sure I'm not loosing steps as I can't hear any odd skipping noises, and longer/bigger circles join perfectly.

Any suggestions, is it a speed thing? I had vector at 600 and rapid at 2500 with a power level of 200.

Ps if any one wants the vectors/dxf files let me know

Thanks for any help
Bryce

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Unfinished paths/lines
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 12:31:07 PM »
It looks more like a laser issue, is that at the start or end that it isn't cutting.

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 12:36:51 PM »
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm certain the laser doesn't even move the steppers over the area that isn't cut, so it's like the path has those gaps in it.

I used a larger piece of paper and tried the London skyline and the tiny triangle (outer circle) gaps in the "London eye" ferris wheel all cut fairly accurately and complete. Might see if going larger helps this particular image

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 12:43:45 PM »
Send me one of the DXF's and I will take a look.

I've actually cut that London skyline in vinyl (after I modified it) and have it on my wall, it's about 5 foot wide.

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 01:05:47 PM »
So I just increased its size from 250mm wide to 290mm and slowed the speeds to rapid 1200 and vector 400 the cuts are perfect and the windows all fell out, so does increaseing the speed reduce the accuracy of the laser turning on/off or is it a size thing? I can email you this skyline that had the most errors

Thanks heaps!

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 01:34:36 PM »
Are you sizing in T2Laser or Inkscape?

It's possible there's a problem with the export but you said the simulation "view" looked correct so that's got me confused.