Author Topic: Latest update causing problems  (Read 2129 times)

micky

• View Profile
Latest update causing problems
« on: October 26, 2017, 05:33:16 AM »
I just had my T2Laser update install itself automatically. It didn't give me the option to accept or decline.

Now my laser is operating very slowly, so much that it's burning through my leather products. I was literally in the middle of a job, so the first engraving was fine, the second engraving, done after the auto update, and with no alteration in settings, took forever and burnt my product (a now ruined hand made wallet). I've repeated the first engraving, again with all settings identical, and it too has burnt through. A 1m.30s job took around 8-10 minutes.

I've turned everything off and on again.

How do I reverse this latest update please?

I'm on V1.5c, Win7, and my laser setup is mechanically sound
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:25:22 AM by micky »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Latest update causing problems
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 07:05:09 AM »
I apologize for the mandatory update and the ruined wallet, this is actually the first time I've forced an update and rolling back to the previous version is not possible.

Nothing was changed in the program that would cause this, but whenever new settings are added it resets everything. If you used a profile to save your settings that's an easy way to revert back.

Are you sure it didn't just reset the settings to default?

Check you are using the same resolution, feed rate etc.

micky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 07:16:35 AM »
Hi Zax.

I've never set up a profile, just done lots of test runs and small adjustments till I got everything set up perfect. I definitely haven't changed any settings myself today, the speed and res are both exactly as they were.

I guess I'll just have to start testing / adjusting again, but it is strange that the job time estimate indicator is now so inaccurate..

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 07:33:59 AM »
That is strange, I just tested v1.4y against v1.5c and the times were identical and slightly faster than the estimate.

It shouldn't make a difference but try disabling Simple Streaming as that is enabled by default. If your computer USB isn't keeping up with the laser that would slow it down, on my low grade tablet and other PC's it has no effect.

micky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 08:06:26 AM »
YES! That fixed the problem, thanks very much Zax I really appreciate your service.

I'm hopefully about to get very busy with my engravings, right through to February. I need to have my setup ready for work without hiccups, so do you think you could revert to optional updates, at least during this busy period?

Thanks again man. Mike.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 09:08:56 AM »
That's great but I wonder why your USB is so slow.

Simple streaming is the recommended method and what most software uses, my high speed method has problems with the most recent Chinese Nano clones (those not using the Atmel microcontroller). That is why I changed the default, again sorry.

micky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 09:46:22 AM »
I'm using an ancient battered old laptop, so presumably that's the problem, although before today's update it did the job fine.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 10:23:38 AM »
That makes sense, although the laptop itself probably isn't the issue just the USB is slow.