Author Topic: Which way to go  (Read 2676 times)

kered

• View Profile
    • Laracha-Meteo
Re: Which way to go
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 04:45:19 AM »
Nice getting paid for what you like doing, a bit like me, a pensioner, unfotunately through illness, but they pay me to do nothing so i oblige and do things i wanted to do while working but couldn't( I was at sea) so everyone is happy  :)  8)
Only thing is i have a lot of catching up to do with the learning process and my main processer is 60 years old so not as agile as it used to be when i was younger but keeps me busy. A lot better than sitting in the bar playing dominoes like some.
Eleksmaker A3 Pro with Z axis.
Heavily Modded Anet A8 with Octoprint and Raspberry pi.

Stonemull

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 07:06:13 AM »
57 in a few weeks, dammit, I just gained a year, thought I was turning 56 this year.
A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Wanhao I3+ touch
Hacked Roland DXY-880
CNC3018 engraver
CNC Plasma (work in progress)

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 07:41:35 AM »
57 in a few weeks, dammit, I just gained a year, thought I was turning 56 this year.

Just be happy you weren't born on a leap year. You would then retire at 16  ;)
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

wild.bill

• Hey Laser Lips, Your mother was a snowblower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 01:03:05 PM »

Still a young one

Laser: was an A3 2.0w TTL L6 Z axis now 2'x3'
          OpenBuilds ACRO 510 w/ 2.0W TTL laser Cohesion Mini Z axis Homing switches
          K40 Cohesion Mini 60W LightObject LPS
          80W Red-Black 500x700

cool is simply a subjective state of mind

kered

• View Profile
    • Laracha-Meteo
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »
Hi guys, got some good news and bad news.

The bad news is my A3 was held up in customs for a week, then a bank holiday weekend slowed things down even more. I was waiting for the usual letter to connect to internet in order to pay the import duties, VAT(21%)Arancelas and a new transport charge from Madrid to my home.

Good news
Today i got a small package, some dupont connectors and the postie said i need to sign a delivery slip, i thought it strange to sign for delivery for such a cheap item, once i sighned i was about to go back into the house and he said wait, don't you want the package you just signed for bulling the box from his van.
Wow, an early christmas, my laser engraver with no duties to pay at all, nothing.

I have it almost built but they sent the wrong plug so i'll have to find an adapter or cut off the american plug. Also i might disasemble again because although i followed the pictures to build it, its plain to see that all the motors need turning for best cable alighnment. I also installed the  Elekscam 3.1 and it crashed my laptop so i'll have some fun and games to get it running.

I remember somwhere the laser turns on full at first start so  i'll look into that too.
I'll keep you posted, hopefully without problems.
cheers
Derek

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 12:59:13 PM »
Sounds like fun!!!! Can't wait to see what creations you come up with.

When building the machine and moving the motors around by hand, it is a good practice to keep them disconnected from the controller board so the voltage generated from the motors as you move them does not back feed into the controller and motor drivers. I have never burnt out a board, but I take those steps NOT to.  ;D
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

kered

• View Profile
    • Laracha-Meteo
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 02:53:47 PM »
Sounds like fun!!!! Can't wait to see what creations you come up with.

When building the machine and moving the motors around by hand, it is a good practice to keep them disconnected from the controller board so the voltage generated from the motors as you move them does not back feed into the controller and motor drivers. I have never burnt out a board, but I take those steps NOT to.  ;D

The fun has started and first brick wall encountered.

I have 3d printers so i know the motors feed current to whatever is connected, lots don't,  on my first 3dprinter the screen would light up if i moved the axis too fast.

First wall is the eleksCam V3.1 crashes as soon as it starts to load, i tried changing the comma/decimal point in regional settings with no joy.(open to suggestions)

No problem i say, i'll just try the T2 software demo, downloaded and bam, not XP compatible due to net-framework 4.5 needed and does not work on XP.
I have an oldish HP laptop i use for connecting to the cams on cars to reset fault, the proggy i use only runs on XP

Any other program i can try till i sort  this out, just want to jog the axis about and make sure everything works.
Thanks
Derek

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 03:09:16 PM »
The fun has started and first brick wall encountered.

I have 3d printers so i know the motors feed current to whatever is connected, lots don't,  on my first 3dprinter the screen would light up if i moved the axis too fast.

First wall is the eleksCam V3.1 crashes as soon as it starts to load, i tried changing the comma/decimal point in regional settings with no joy.(open to suggestions)

No problem i say, i'll just try the T2 software demo, downloaded and bam, not XP compatible due to net-framework 4.5 needed and does not work on XP.
I have an oldish HP laptop i use for connecting to the cams on cars to reset fault, the proggy i use only runs on XP

Any other program i can try till i sort  this out, just want to jog the axis about and make sure everything works.
Thanks
Derek

I have not really been able to make EleksCAM work for me either. Most of my computers do not support whatever is required to run it.

Talk to Zax. He has an XP version of T2 but it is not constantly updated. Best bet is to buy a cheap laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kered

• View Profile
    • Laracha-Meteo
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 03:23:01 PM »
This laptop is an HP dual core centrino at 2ghz not new by any means but still works fine, maybe I'll install dual boot as i need XP.

I'll also drop a post to Zak, thanks for that info

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 03:32:11 PM »
I am running T2 on a 13 year old HP laptop but I am running Win10. T2 needs a newer OS than XP due to the .net framework required. It is not available on XP. If you can get 7 or 10, I suggest you upgrade or at least dual boot

kered

• View Profile
    • Laracha-Meteo
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 12:09:15 PM »
As you may have seen in the other thread i got a new Aser Aspire 10E with windows 10 and 500gb hard drive, i also registered T2Laser so i'm good to go on that front. Still not decided on a board for 3 axis though, i think i might connect the arduino and cnc shield and give it a go as i have a few. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say. If it doesn't work i can always get a mana 3 axis board.
cheers
Derek

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 04:17:04 PM »
The Eleks Mana CNC works well, basically the same as the Mana SE but with a 3rd axis.

nottingham82

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2017, 04:35:15 PM »
And it should always be said to avoid 4 axis because it doesn't run grbl
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 04:56:46 PM »
I have no idea why they sell that, it only works with a cracked older version of the USB CNC software.

mightygrom

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2018, 02:17:56 PM »
does the 3 axis have endstop support?