Author Topic: What causes the waves?  (Read 215 times)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
What causes the waves?
« on: November 29, 2017, 05:08:53 AM »
I've seen a lot of different machine problems, this certainly looks like a hardware issue to me but the user swears the machine is perfect from a mechanical perspective.

I have tested his G-code on my laser and it works correctly so I am also confident it's not software related.

I still think it's the wheels, as it's got a repeating pattern - has anyone seen this and knows what to check?

Landbo

• View Profile
Re: What causes the waves?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 05:54:19 AM »
I've seen a lot of different machine problems, this certainly looks like a hardware issue to me but the user swears the machine is perfect from a mechanical perspective.

I have tested his G-code on my laser and it works correctly so I am also confident it's not software related.

I still think it's the wheels, as it's got a repeating pattern - has anyone seen this and knows what to check?

It looks like something that is written in very small letters?

My guess would be that the machine's belt is too loose or the belt is too elastic in relation to what it should pull. Ask the man half the speed of the machine and write the same again. Changing in the pattern will tell you where the error is.

I do not think the error is due to dirty wheels/wheels rail.

Regards Leif.
Only a new "Wood Smoker"  /;-)

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 05:59:33 AM »
I had an issue that produced the same results on my A5. Turned out to be my wheels. They were the white POM ones. To diagnose, you had suggested to me to reduce my accel/decel numbers and that did help a bit.

The belts could be too tight in addition to bad wheels. Have him compare his belt tension to Ralph’s YouTube video showing proper tension. My wheels had no visible marks or bumps but when I removed them from the machine and ran them on my kitchen countertop, I could feel a “thump thump” of a flat part on most of my x axis wheels.
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 07:34:43 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions, I will pass them on and see if we can smooth out these waves!