Author Topic: Picking the Right MOSFET  (Read 505 times)

Coco_Grizzly

• View Profile
Picking the Right MOSFET
« on: December 18, 2017, 10:43:39 AM »
Hello, folks! So it has recently been advised that I replace the MOSFET on my controller board. Attached is the picture of my current MOSFET.
Do you think the mosfet listed at this link -http://a.co/179Crbe - would work as a replacement? Everything I can figure points to "yes", but I'm still pretty new to this stuff and wanted a second opinion (or twelve).
Laser: 2500mw Bachin Electronic D8 DESK4050
Software: T2

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Picking the Right MOSFET
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 12:07:04 PM »
Looks like it should work to me.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 12:11:29 PM »
I don't have a opinion on that specific MOSFET but I do think its location under the Nano and without a heat sink pad on the board is marginal. Perhaps given that it is a thru hole part you could mount it to the back side of the board and let it have some open area to dissipate the heat.

SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Coco_Grizzly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 12:37:00 PM »
I may give what you suggest a try, ggallant571. I ended up ordering a new A3 Eleksmaker Pro 2500mw the other day as an early Christmas present to myself, but it won't arrive till the day after Christmas and I still have presents that need burning!

I went ahead and purchased an Eleksmaker ManaSE board which has already arrived. Do you think there's a way to get that board to work with my laser/fan/motors, or are they too incompatible? Attached is a picture of my current board, for reference.
Laser: 2500mw Bachin Electronic D8 DESK4050
Software: T2

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 02:51:30 PM »
Yes, it is a really poor location for the MOSFET and the Nano. Obviously not the best designed board.