Author Topic: EleksMaker A3 pro correct orientation  (Read 125 times)

kered

• View Profile
    • Laracha-Meteo
EleksMaker A3 pro correct orientation
« on: December 15, 2017, 12:37:17 PM »
I have just recently got an A3 2500ma engraver. I built it, installed the software and tested jogging the motors to make sure all was ok.
I built it according to the Eleksmaker wiki. As i'm sitting now i have the controller board on the opposite side of the X carriage and am looking at the back of the X motor, so the laser is on the other side. In this orientation all joging buttons work fine X left is my left X right moves to my right, Y up moves away from me and Y down towards me exactly the same a** my 3dprinter. i have not had to change anything.
Watching one of Steve's videos on YouTube he explains his orientation that is exactly the opposite to mine ie my bottom left would correspond to his top right. All the software i have tried i have not had to invert anything, anything i load loads what seams to be correct orientation.
When i first tested  the motors they worked fine before setting any home. when i loaded an image it was the right way up, surely if i have things upside down images when loaded would be upside down if i have things wrong.

Can someone tell me the correct orientation as if mine is upside down i will need to invert everything which does not seam right as it work perfect out of the box sort of speak.
thanks
Derek

Edit. i forgot to mention that i have not even flashed the firmware to update or downdate it is as is from the maker
(if its not broke why try to fix it)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:57:54 PM by kered »
Eleksmaker A3 Pro with Z axis.
Heavily Modded Anet A8 with Octoprint and Raspberry pi.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
Re: EleksMaker A3 pro correct orientation
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 05:20:02 PM »
The correct orientation is if it burns what you want it to burn and it does it correctly.

Lower left and upper right are relative to the user. I have mine where I click the Y up button and the gantry moves away from me. My computer is sitting next to it and I have it orientated in such a way that the arrows make sense compared to the machine. Personally, That is one thing I do not like about my 3D printer.

I could flip my laser on the "front" or "back" of the gantry. I could install the controller anywhere I want. All that matters is if it is orientated the way that works for you.
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

kered

• View Profile
    • Laracha-Meteo
Re: EleksMaker A3 pro correct orientation
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 02:27:36 AM »
Ok, thanks for that, mine is doing exactly what i tell it to do, left goes left right goes right, up goes away etc. when i load an image in any software its properly orientated so i think i'll just leave it as is, if its not broke don' t try to fix it   ;) as they say.
thanks
Derek
Eleksmaker A3 Pro with Z axis.
Heavily Modded Anet A8 with Octoprint and Raspberry pi.