Author Topic: Have a top banana new year  (Read 473 times)

davideccroft

• To be rather than to seem
    • View Profile
Have a top banana new year
« on: January 02, 2018, 04:47:07 PM »
Just put together my A5 laser 2000mw Eleksmaker clone (I think that is what it is) that came with no instructions as expected.  Many thanks to everyone who posted here and put up youtubes and to the amazing T2Laser software - so far helped me through all the steps well.  Got it working with no damage to me or machine so far.
So far engraved mainly some cutting boards and keyrings for Christmas presents from the new gadget.  This will compliment my woodworking hobby well.

Yesterday's project was to see if engraving a banana works as I saw a youtube doing this.  The image got clearer the next day but not sure after that as it was eaten...we wanted to see if the inside was affected (it wasn't).  I will need to play around with better images and better focussing as it curves, if I'm going to label bananas regularly for the kids school lunches, but the basic process worked.  Low power, about 30% power and grey scale for the first attempt posted here. I think I'll start a file to record settings next weekend so I can see best settings for different substrates. I'm watching the posts on rotary attachments and at some point will make one too - though mainly for pens/lathe output and not bananas.  Happy New Year and thank you for setting up this forum.
2.5W A5 T2

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Have a top banana new year
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 05:09:13 PM »
I love it, and when I saw it was done with T2Laser it was even better  ;D

kibodwin

• View Profile
Re: Have a top banana new year
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 01:10:34 AM »
I like your use of a banana for scale!!
=)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps