Author Topic: When does time start on Trial?  (Read 45 times)

Harryz

• View Profile
When does time start on Trial?
« on: January 07, 2018, 03:46:15 PM »
I've watched the video, Now What and have a good place to start but have 2 questions. When does the 30 minutes start. When you open the soft ware or when the laser is moving?  I have not downloaded the software yet and this may sound stupid but how does the laser turn on?  I have the 2 wire 2.5watt that has nothing on the top. Is it turned on by pushing the button on the board or in the software?
A3 2.5watt laser
Monoprice Select Plus W/3.5 watt laser
Creality CR 10 3D printer
Cancer Survivor
SoFar So Good

nottingham82

• View Profile
Re: When does time start on Trial?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 03:50:04 PM »
as soon as you open it.  at the end of the trial... it closes... then you can reopen it and your timer starts over.  It just prevents you from doing long projects.  But you can restart the program a million times if you want.

I dont know what board you have.  If it is the mana se, the button on the board is to turn on the power.  It would need to be on to operate the laser and you need to send the command from the software.  If it is an older L7 board, the button on the board is a low power mode so you can focus the laser.  It would need to be off (since it overrides the laser power) before you send the on command.
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

Harryz

• View Profile
Re: When does time start on Trial?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 04:49:35 PM »
I have the Mana SE board. If I understand, the command to operate the laser comes from the T2 software and it initiates it. There are some that have a button on top of the laser. Mine is 2 wire. That's why I was asking. To have the laser on low power you set power at 40 or 50 and the software will turn it on. Thanks.
A3 2.5watt laser
Monoprice Select Plus W/3.5 watt laser
Creality CR 10 3D printer
Cancer Survivor
SoFar So Good