Author Topic: Some question about my board's electronic (Laseraxe) and supported firmware  (Read 2021 times)

Evil_Sephiroth

• View Profile
Hello guys.
After some time playing with a 2.5w eleksmaker engraver we (me and a bunch of friends) bought a new 100x100 15W (or so they said) laser engraver.

It came with a laseraxe control board

This one to be clear 

Now i have a couple of question.

1)Under the nano little board I have a potentiometer (i found it all clockwise) what is that (not explained or even showed in any laseraxe photo/guide.
I found a video on youtube where they say it's some sort of switch to use powerful laser and they turned it counterclockwise to activate the possibility to use 7W+ laser module.
I tried to turn all counterclockwise (1 turn) and i have to say nothing changed in my laser power output (at least what i've seen)

Used T2 Laser and Laserweb with power setting to 1000 in T2 laser and 100% in laserweb.
Any suggestion here? it's disabled? not used, i'm missing something

2)I upgraded with T2Laser my old grbl on Laseraxe to 1.1f (laseraxe).
T2Laser also give me the possibility to send firmware 1.1e (standard). Is that save seing that i already upgraded to 1.1f or still unsupported

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:47:29 AM by Evil_Sephiroth »

Evil_Sephiroth

• View Profile
The potentiometer is the one in this photo

Leave away the new/old board stuff it's the only photo i can find online right now

nottingham82

• View Profile
laseraxe does some weird stuff and not many of us know much about it.  Zax knows a bit but he is out gallivanting.  The laseraxe firmwares in T2 should work for you as a good firmware.  The default firmware usually makes the laser move in the wrong direction.  There arent many noticeable differences with 1.1e vs 1.1f
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

Evil_Sephiroth

• View Profile
Thank you for answering.

Yeah at least for now moving the potentiometer from all from one side to another change nothing for me...Some video on youtube imply that a big change must happen but.

Btw maybe I wait a little for @Zax ahahhaa

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
can you trace the pins out and see what the POT is connected to? Should be Vcc, GND and something else..... That could give us a good indication of what it is used for
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Evil_Sephiroth

• View Profile
I will check

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
I am back, but I don't think I can help much as I don't have one of those boards.

It sounds like you are using the correct firmware, if the motors all move correctly and the laser switches on/off your are all set!

Evil_Sephiroth

• View Profile
The motor move opposite way in manual control (not a real problem)

In Laserweb if i set an image 10cmx10cm (a circle) the engraved output is a little smaller.

The latest strange thing is that with T2Laser (paid version) 1000 laser power setting apparently pilot more power then 100% in laserweb (the generated light is stronger)

nottingham82

• View Profile
The motor move opposite way in manual control (not a real problem)

In Laserweb if i set an image 10cmx10cm (a circle) the engraved output is a little smaller.

The latest strange thing is that with T2Laser (paid version) 1000 laser power setting apparently pilot more power then 100% in laserweb (the generated light is stronger)
100 percent is 100 percent. What changes is what your laser determines is full power it sounds like your laser is set at full power as 1000. By default t2 is 255. So since your firmware is using 1000 you are telling the laser to use 1/4 or 25% power in t2 when you input 255. If you restore defaults in t2 255 will be just as powerful as any number above that.  Because 100% is 100%

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Do the simple shapes to verify size and speed. A square with sides of 100mm should take 1 minute at 400 mm/min and the size should be within 0.1 mm. The larger the size the easier to measure for accuracy. I link 250mm square when the frame supports it. Next shapes could be a triangles and then circles.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:06:11 PM by ggallant571 »
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Oh come on, you all know that's my "ludicrous mode". I've seen similar posts so it must be true  ;)  ;D

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I wonder what GRBL does if you emit S1000 and the range is set to 0..255. If it limits you would get 255. If it just set the lower 8 bits you would get 232.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Evil_Sephiroth

• View Profile
On T2 Laser if i write 255-400-555 (up to 1000) the selected value stick.

If i wrote anything more then 1000 the value revert back to 1000.

Then i think my FW max power is at 1000.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
In the Machine menu, click Display Grbl Parameters. Then check what $30 is set to, that's your max value. Anything higher produces the same output so if it says $30=255 and you output 1000 you get 255.

Evil_Sephiroth

• View Profile
Ok, will check tonight.

Another little problem.

I engraved a square of 100x100 mm.
I obtain exactly -20% size in all engraving.

Laserweb and T2Laser still output a 80mmx80mm square.

Same output in raster or cut with svg

This problem started when i updated to 1.1f (laseraxe)

I already tried reflashing it but nothing changed.

Updating to 1.1e (general) can help here?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:38:33 AM by Evil_Sephiroth »