Author Topic: X axis keeps jogging left.  (Read 276 times)

Dpot

• View Profile
X axis keeps jogging left.
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:06:54 AM »
I have a benbox nano and the x axis keeps jogging to the left during burns.  Belt is adjusted and the superstructure is fine.  Is it the benbox software?  Should I try using a different software e? (If so, which)?   Could it be the motor itself?   I just canít figure it out and it frustrates me.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: X axis keeps jogging left.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 06:48:55 AM »
Have you adjusted the current limits?
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Dpot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 07:19:50 AM »
Not that I know of.  Is there a link for any sort of users manual or troubleshooting guide?   Thanks for the response.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 10:08:13 AM »
I think there is a permanent entry on this site. www.pololu.com has an excellent write up.

There are small trim pots on the stepper motor driver boards. Rotating clockwise will increase the current limit. Going too far wraps back. You then use a multi meter to read the voltage (directly on the case of the trim pot). I recall 0.5V to 0.6V being ok for 1 motor, 0.9 to 1.0V for 2. Lacking a meter, you do small adjustments and test the result. It is not advisable to go too high as it will interfere with the micro stepping and possibly generate excessive heat.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 03:33:49 PM »
Not that I know of.  Is there a link for any sort of users manual or troubleshooting guide?   Thanks for the response.

Here is the link
http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,20.0.html
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297