Author Topic: The "Ferrari" of safety ...  (Read 973 times)

rpt007

• View Profile
The "Ferrari" of safety ...
« on: January 12, 2018, 12:50:18 PM »
If you want to improve your safety around your DIY Laser machine, have a look at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4usACgIOpc&t=966s and see what is possible.

Explanations in German, but the pictures illustrate what is going on.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:02:42 PM by rpt007 »
Do you have already thought about a solution yourself or is a part of the problem sitting in front of the screen?

ROSS

• View Profile
Re: The "Ferrari" of safety ...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 11:41:59 PM »
He certainly did a great job - well thought out.  I reckon that will bump the cost of the whole project jp a fair bit!...... a sheet of acrylic the size he used for the cover, costs around  36 UK GBP for a start ...never mind the rest of the items used for the enclosure.  Def 10/10 for the project  though!  He has some very nice attachments on that laser   ;D
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

rpt007

• View Profile
Re: The "Ferrari" of safety ...
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 01:35:55 AM »
I roughly calculated the additional cost by finding the most economic sellers in Germany and ended at about 200 - 250.  But it is a professional investment in your health (smoke, laser ray). Once completed you will be protected against 99% of potential risks while operating your machine.

A wooden alternative would also be around 100+ incl. fan, hinges, power supply and some metal plate etc. As my health is worth that little investment I will copy the main construction for my laser.
Do you have already thought about a solution yourself or is a part of the problem sitting in front of the screen?