Author Topic: Where to buy 5,5w ttl llaser module  (Read 514 times)

InvisibleRasta

• View Profile
Where to buy 5,5w ttl llaser module
« on: January 13, 2018, 09:06:27 AM »
Hello guys where should i buy a laser module? I do not know if i should trust aliexpress
Thank you

nottingham82

• View Profile
Re: Where to buy 5,5w ttl llaser module
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 01:38:40 PM »
I would not trust anyone who sells you a cheap diode laser made in china.... that being said... I have bought from eleksmaker.com banggood.com gearbest.com and had no issues.  There are some american companies but expect to pay twice as much for the same wattage of laser.
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

InvisibleRasta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 01:42:42 PM »
But on banggod for example they sell 7000mw laser that is not really a 7w diode....
should i just go eith the eleksmaker that is sold on the official website?

nottingham82

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 01:50:11 PM »
I couldnt offer an opinion on that.  I have a 1.6 watt laser and 2 2.5 watt lasers.  Personally I wouldnt want one that does not have an adjustable focus.  If you were to get an adjustable z axis then it might work. but I wouldnt want to have to deal with moving my piece up and down all the time. 
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

InvisibleRasta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 05:13:07 PM »
yeah i want to get a 5.5w module with focus lense but the problem is i do not know where to buy it... aliexpress is china crap... eleksmaker official website has only one available that has no information on it, banggod has a bunch of i guess china town modules that are named eleksmaker but im not sure about it. they claim to ahve 15w modules,, but they cant work for long time, 7w modules that  are overpowered... so i do not know where i can actually buy a reliable 5.5w module

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 12:05:06 AM »
The 7w laser is more than likely an overun 5.5w job....
.Banggood are ok for supply but anytech  queries to them  will be fobbed off with one excuse or another.  having said that..I have dealt with them quite a number of times and they get the stuff out and anything missing from the order they will send on when complained about....

I have also dealt with some Aliexpress companies and found them ok (  AE..they are only a site for others to sell their products)....
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT