Author Topic: Building an eggbot type laser  (Read 4515 times)

SteveK

• View Profile
Re: Building an eggbot type laser
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2018, 04:53:26 AM »
What corner of the word are you located?

I live in Indiana, small town not far from Fort Wayne.

Steve

SteveK

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2018, 11:36:10 AM »
Here are some pictures of my mana se and the laser driver, I guess it's the laser driver, it came attached to the laser. I'm also attaching a picture of another test burn.  I think I may have accidentally solved the lead screw issues. The larger set of numbers are much wider than they are supposed to be. Long story short, I had screwed up the calibration and it was traveling twice as far as it should have been. It seems to work fine now and I'm really pretty happy with the smaller set of numbers. Mostly because they are exactly the size I drew in inkscape.  If the pictures of the mana  and driver board aren't what you need, let me know and I'll try again.

Steve

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2018, 04:52:12 AM »
Well that makes it difficult, all your wires are red and black  ::)

I can't tell exactly what is going to the Mana board, it looks like that 3-pin laser connector has only 2 wires?

You should have:

Laser board Power + to the Mana board +
Laser board Power - to the Mana board -
Laser board TTL + to the Mana board S
Laser board TTL - to the Laser board Power - or Mana board - (it doesn't matter as long as you connect them)

SteveK

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2018, 05:36:11 AM »
Well that makes it difficult, all your wires are red and black  ::)

I can't tell exactly what is going to the Mana board, it looks like that 3-pin laser connector has only 2 wires?

You should have:

Laser board Power + to the Mana board +
Laser board Power - to the Mana board -
Laser board TTL + to the Mana board S
Laser board TTL - to the Laser board Power - or Mana board - (it doesn't matter as long as you connect them)

There was a discussion about how t wire it, and I followed Nottingham82's instructions.

http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,2581.0.html

I knew it was hard to tell from the picture but I have a double ground wire on the middle pin of the mana board. One leg of it goes to laser board power and one leg of it goes to the TTL. If you would like I'll get another color and rewire it to make it more clear.

In the meantime, I drew this scroll last evening and burned it this morning. It is exactly what I want this machine to do and all that's left now is to tweak my drawings and fix that laser pulse. The rotary feature of the T2 software is pretty neat!!

Steve

SteveK

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2018, 05:47:22 AM »
Does this help?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2018, 05:56:27 AM »
Yes, it looks correct.

SteveK

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2018, 06:00:52 AM »
Yes, it looks correct.

Okay good, so where do I want to put the resistor? Can I just solder it to the wires?

Steve

SteveK

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2018, 04:46:53 PM »
I'm still not 100% clear where I need to put a resistor to stop that laser pulse.

Steve

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2018, 05:00:12 PM »
Assuming a leaded resistor - I would fold one lead back over the resistor, clip both leads to about 1/4 inch, and solder directly to the laser driver board  TTL connector +/- pins. Using a surface mount resistor I would do the same pins but perhaps on the other side. Whichever was easier.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

SteveK

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2018, 05:14:02 PM »
Assuming a leaded resistor - I would fold one lead back over the resistor, clip both leads to about 1/4 inch, and solder directly to the laser driver board  TTL connector +/- pins. Using a surface mount resistor I would do the same pins but perhaps on the other side. Whichever was easier.

thank you

Steve