Author Topic: Need new Eleksmaker Board  (Read 559 times)

osTblock

• View Profile
Need new Eleksmaker Board
« on: February 10, 2018, 01:03:39 PM »
Hello,

Iam looking for a new Eleksmaker Board with 2pin laser connector, but i cant find it anywhere...!
Can anyone give me a adress where i can find it...!?

Greetings from Germany
Martin

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Need new Eleksmaker Board
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 01:28:35 PM »
The latest board design is the Mana SE, it supports the newer 3-wire TTL lasers but also has a "motor" port which is identical to the laser port on the older design like you have.

I've purchased several from banggood, they are often on sale. Check their EU store to see if they are in stock, would be much faster and here in the USA it's cheaper to order from the local warehouse (so win-win).

https://www.banggood.com/2-Axis-Stepper-Motor-Driver-Board-Controller-Laser-board-For-DIY-Laser-Engraver-p-1015557.html

osTblock

• View Profile
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 01:36:06 PM by osTblock »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 02:50:50 PM »
Yes, the 3-pin would not be used - but is there in case you upgrade laser later.

The grey scale images are much better with TTL  ;)

Yes that link would be OK too, I doubt they actually have the L1 boards so will probably send you a Mana SE as well.

osTblock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 02:51:44 AM »
Ok, thx! Can you say more to TTL, i just know what it means in german but i dont have any idea in which way it could help me...!

Which bord would you recommend...!?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 03:27:54 AM by osTblock »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 04:44:26 AM »
TTL is the 5V control signal. It is used to switch the laser on and off rather than turning the power to the laser module on and off. It provides better control of the laser and gives smoother gradient of power level (grey scale).

If you have a non-TTL (2-wire) laser I recommend using Velocity Mode for grey scale, the results can be as good and even better in some cases.

osTblock

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 04:59:51 AM »
OK... TTL means this are the lasers with the separate driverboard on the back!?...

Maybe i try to upgrade the laser but at the moment i first have to change the board...!  ::)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 05:44:52 AM »
Not exactly, TTL means you have a separate wire going to the laser driver to tell it when to turn on and off. So these have 3 or 4 wires.

If it isn't TTL (2-wire) you can only control it with the input power using the MOSFET as a switch.