Author Topic: Headless GRBL  (Read 350 times)

Stonemull

• View Profile
Headless GRBL
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:31:31 PM »
Still have my CNC plasma cutter concept in the thinking machine but getting the hardware together.
Recently made a battery pack adapter to drive it with https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2770920
Reason being is plasma cutters etc are pretty awful on the noise front, also requires my fairly large air compressor to cycle and between the 2 it iften blows the breaker to the shed, so decided I want the controller headless (no PC) and battery operated, if I stick a SD card on it, need a way to select files and home the machine etc, so a display and sone sort of input device is required.
I now have a PC just for going in the shed and wired the shed up with the house ethernet, its an old touch screen HP, I added a dual boot to it as I thought running LinuxCNC might be a future option, since decided to go headless on the plasma though. The PC is now setup with Eclipse and I have it compiling grbl for the Ramps 1.4 though, so good for dev work currently.
Today the rest if the hardware arrived, everything I should need.
Hoping someone has already done the hard work but not found anything driving these graphic displays with grbl yet.
Anyway, still alive and doing stuff o/

A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Wanhao I3+ touch
Hacked Roland DXY-880
CNC3018 engraver
CNC Plasma (work in progress)