Author Topic: Machine Axes Not Square  (Read 143 times)

SWAT1057

• View Profile
Machine Axes Not Square
« on: April 06, 2018, 06:30:55 AM »
Performing accuracy tests on my Eleksmaker A3 2500Mw laser. Squareness of the -X- axis to  -Y- axis is not what
would be considered acceptable. The error is approximately .75 mm in 152.4 mm. The frame inspected with a
precision square is excellent and the gantry rail is square with the gantry supports. What is considered to be
the proper method to square the travel of the machine? I could skew the gantry between the supports but at
some point that will potentially cause binding along with other issues I am certain. Suggestions / solutions?

SWAT1057

ROSS

• View Profile
Re: Machine Axes Not Square
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 06:41:33 AM »
Suggestions / solutions?

SWAT1057

Suggest amend heading to read:

Machine AXIS not Square :P
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

SWAT1057

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 07:40:21 AM »
Axes is plural for Axis.

SWAT1057

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:01:30 PM »
Certainly someone has experienced this issue and attempted to resolve it. The error is consistent, one would think there
would be a way of correcting it. With 2 stepper motors being driven as one it is not possible to correct it with software
parameters. Suggestions / Solutions?

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 07:07:48 PM »
Suggest you start with a square pattern of 100 x 100mm. Burn with enough power/speed so as to get a clean cut Measure both the X & Y distances. Measure the kerf. Is the return to (0,0) exact? Are the horizontal & vertical kerfs the same? Rotate pattern 45 degrees and try again. Post pictures. Suggest green card stock as it it cheap and burns nicely (no wood grains).
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.