Author Topic: 5,5w a5 Gearbest laser  (Read 1936 times)

Deemus

• View Profile
5,5w a5 Gearbest laser
« on: June 17, 2016, 02:18:10 AM »
Hey guys,

special thanks to zax at first. Your software is easy and looks awesome. But I mainly got a problem with my engraver. Always if i start the program and let my axes run, it feels like they dont know where my workingtable ends. My engraver want to start outside of my working area. Someone know this problem and can help me. I already wrote to klaus probably in german i got it faster but im happy with every help i could get here!

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: 5,5w a5 Gearbest laser
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 04:02:13 AM »
Are your sizes correct? If you job 10 does the machine more 10mm?

If not, try reloading the T2Laser default Grbl parameters (Right click the Send icon with no G-Code loaded).

It could just be your understanding of the origin 0,0 and your machine home, T2Laser uses lower left as the origin.

Deemus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 11:36:00 AM »
Got it.
This Problem is solved. Now I just have to get the right configuration to engrave wood and not burn it....
Klaus is helping me at the moment but he's travelling. Need to get the right settings on 5.5w. but that's not easy at all haha. How do u engrave wood?

dindunuffin

• Not even bright enough to participate in forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 12:06:44 PM »
I start with a higher feed rate/speed, say 1000-2000 and full power.  See how it traces, then adjust from there.  The density of the wood will make a difference too, i.e. pine vs. oak.  Use some scrap to test first.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 01:24:38 PM »
The method that dindunuffin suggests is basically what I do, and keep a notebook of your settings for different materials. I can't help with exact values as I have a 2500mW.

Deemus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 04:26:59 PM »
My last tries last today worked a bit better then the first if I got it im ready to buy t2 xP