Author Topic: Printer Help  (Read 184 times)

Merlin

• View Profile
Printer Help
« on: April 13, 2018, 10:58:49 PM »
Hey guy's n gals,since I started playing with my small lazer engraver been having fun, I have been reading a bit about 3d Printers, (I'm 67 now). And thought they looked interesting so am after some help on a couple printers and your expert input please.

The first one: Here

The second one: Here

With the xchange rate at the mo, I'm looking at
$201.00=$20 shipping =$ 150.00 USA Dollar

$305.00 +20.00 Shipping =$225.00 USA Dollar

Cheers Merlin...............
Laser: A5 500mw with Mana SE -- using T2Laser
Tevo Tarantular 3D Printer

"Try not!Do!
or do not!
There is no Try!"
The Empire Strikes Back

kibodwin

• View Profile
Re: Printer Help
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 02:49:13 AM »
Hi Merlin,
I have the tronxy X1, a prusa i3 clone, a anycubic kossel and an old makerbot cupcake.
I would suggest you decide on your budget first, these things can get expensive fast. I would also suggest you look in the local 2nd hand places / sites as 3D printers are becoming quite common.
What plastic do you want to print with? If it is only PLA then a heated platform is not really needed. If you want to print ABS and nylon (and other filament types) then you will need a heated build platform. I got a heated bed (but only print with PLA) as I also wanted the corresponding more powerful power supply (to power the heated bed).
Then there is the print area, the tronxy X1 I have is 15cm X 15 X15cm... the prusa i3 is 20x20x20... the anycubic kossel is 20x30cm... but, 90% of the stuff I print is quite small.
I see you want a 'full' frame, not like the tronX1! I would advise this path as I suspect there is a bit too much vibration in the top far corner of the print area on the tronxy X1.
These 2 options you have are both in kit form, you will have to build them up but his is part of the fun I think!
I prefer the 2nd option as I like the full frame style. It does take up more space and is more expensive...

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions you have, I will answer as best  I can!!
=)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 05:12:20 AM »
Thanks for the feed back......I done some more research and done an about face as in when an other way and brought this one

Will sea when I get it...no time frame when that will happen................

Merlin.

Laser: A5 500mw with Mana SE -- using T2Laser
Tevo Tarantular 3D Printer

"Try not!Do!
or do not!
There is no Try!"
The Empire Strikes Back

kibodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 12:36:52 AM »
the tevo tarantula is a good printer, easy to upgrade and with plenty of files on thingiverse to help you get the most out of it.
Let us know how you get on and congratulations on gaining a hobby that will see you no longer have any free time!!
:)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps