Author Topic: Fan addition the A5  (Read 346 times)

Romoshka

• View Profile
Fan addition the A5
« on: May 30, 2018, 05:27:05 PM »
Ok, green noob here. Please be gentle, never mind...I'm tough give it to me!   Just got my question about pull down resistor jumper answered so now have another question.  I've printed the needed bits to add a fan/blower to the A5.  On my MANA SE board there is a 12v tap marked "motor".  Is there enough power from the board to drive my 12v, 0.08amp fancy do I need a separate power supply?
Much work remains to be done before we can announce our total failure to make any progress.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Fan addition the A5
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 04:34:19 AM »
Yes, but I wouldn't use it. It's a switched output, using that same PWM signal via a MOSFET on the board (so this time it's converted to a 12V signal). What that means is when you are running at lower power the fan may not start spinning and could just sit there generating heat, if you hit it will full power it would start and likely continue working at lower power but that's not typically how it will work.

You could run it from the same laser +/-, which is a fixed 12V and will always be on when the machine is powered. I would suggest this option, and it's easier as you already have the power at the laser module.

Romoshka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 07:32:52 PM »
Rather than add a permanent connection of my fan to my laser I'd like to find a male and female connector with pigtails.  The JST that I find only has male connectors that solder to a perfect board.  Are there not male connectors with pig tails?
Much work remains to be done before we can announce our total failure to make any progress.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 06:32:46 AM »

Romoshka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 07:33:22 PM »
Awesome!  Thank you so much.  Ordered
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 07:34:23 PM by Romoshka »