Author Topic: Update rejected by Norton  (Read 289 times)

Romoshka

• View Profile
Update rejected by Norton
« on: July 20, 2018, 07:51:38 PM »
Opened T2 and got a notice that an update was abailable.  Selected that but Norton rejected it and deleted the download.   As luck would have it my son, the software engineer, was visiting.  He clicked on a few more options and informed me that Norton was rejecting it because it contained the Heuristic virus.  Please advise.
Much work remains to be done before we can announce our total failure to make any progress.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Update rejected by Norton
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 09:30:34 PM »
Send Norton to the Trash Can.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 04:42:29 AM »
No virus, malware or anything like that in T2Laser. All my systems have Symantec Endpoint Protection and other software on them and it's also on a Microsoft Azure secure server so you are guaranteed it's "safe".

It is not certified (can't afford the certificate costs) so that may be a general warning. Some anti-virus detects software because it hasn't had enough positive feedback, you can usually disable that as it's not an accurate report just an overly safety minded approach that rejects any low volume programs.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:43:55 AM by Zax »

Romoshka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 05:49:42 AM »
Ok, thank you.  The other problem is con port.  That box was empty and it had been on com3.  Typing that In the com box didn't work.  The pull down didn't have any options either.  So I know this isn't a software issue but how do I determine the correct com port.  I tried every thing from 1 to 6 but nothing.  Not sure if this helps but when T2 is running both x and Y motors don't budge...ie usually I can easily sled things but not now.
Much work remains to be done before we can announce our total failure to make any progress.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 07:24:31 AM »
If you get the Grbl Ready message then you are connected, depending on the firmware the motors may be locked but whether they are or not, do not move the machine manually as you risk damaging the motor drivers from back EMF.

If the CH340 driver is loaded correctly (check device manager) then it should present a COM port, click the lightning bolt to re-scan for ports and then select it, set baud rate (typically 115200) and click the lightning bolt again to connect.