Author Topic: Grbl 1.1f broke my laseraxe engraver ?  (Read 353 times)

Ryuzaki

• View Profile
Grbl 1.1f broke my laseraxe engraver ?
« on: August 05, 2018, 12:33:57 PM »
Hello I have a problem with my laseraxe engraver. I wanted to use Laserweb4 instead of CNCC software, and I've read that I should flash the grbl 1.1f - and so I did. Now my engraver is indeed recognizable in Laserweb4 and T2Laser but my engraver is now working only in one axis and only in one direction. When want it to move in Y axis no matter which direction it always go to the right, and when I try to move it in X axis it only makes quiet humming noise and nothing happens. Laser is working though. I also later flashed 1.1e wth t2 laser but effect is the same. Is there anything I can do or my board is bricked ?

I am very new to all this, I have this laser only for few days.

The engraver is 100x100cm 10W engraver I bought on aliexpress. The is Laseraxe.cncc.mini logo on the board, and the controller is Atmega 328p I think. There is very little potentiometer underneath the arduino controller.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 12:36:38 PM by Ryuzaki »

nottingham82

• View Profile
Re: Grbl 1.1f broke my laseraxe engraver ?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 12:59:56 PM »
Hello I have a problem with my laseraxe engraver. I wanted to use Laserweb4 instead of CNCC software, and I've read that I should flash the grbl 1.1f - and so I did. Now my engraver is indeed recognizable in Laserweb4 and T2Laser but my engraver is now working only in one axis and only in one direction. When want it to move in Y axis no matter which direction it always go to the right, and when I try to move it in X axis it only makes quiet humming noise and nothing happens. Laser is working though. I also later flashed 1.1e wth t2 laser but effect is the same. Is there anything I can do or my board is bricked ?

I am very new to all this, I have this laser only for few days.

The engraver is 100x100cm 10W engraver I bought on aliexpress. The is Laseraxe.cncc.mini logo on the board, and the controller is Atmega 328p I think. There is very little potentiometer underneath the arduino controller.
Laseraxe uses special firmware. There is a firmware that should work in t2. It is labeled as laseraxe

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 02:09:04 PM »
I am aware of 3 different LaserAxe systems.

The latest board will work with my default Grbl 1.1e. It sounds like you have a previous generation as the problem you describe is exactly what happens, the custom LaserAxe version should work for your machine.

The original LaserAxe will not work with any Grbl 0.9 or higher firmware, it needs a custom 0.8 version and only works with their very old software.

Ryuzaki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 12:39:05 PM »
Well I have flashed a 1.1f (Laseraxe) firmware from T2Laser onto my board and it is working now with everything. Earlier I was trying stock 1.1f and it didn't work and I was sure that I'll have to buy new control board, but it is working like a charm now. Thank you guys ;)

But I have now different problems. I know you are devs of T2Laser and you probably don't want to hear about different software, but I am trying to make my laser work with LaserWeb4 and I kind of fail. In LaserWeb I use standard GRBL machine settings preset. It seems to be working, but every time it stops cutting the head just stops where it finished and starts next job from this position. I can quite get it to zero itself. Also my laser doesn't turn off when moving between gaps in the pattern which is not ideal.

Do you have any ideas on how to solve that issues ? Thanks in advance.

Edit : I have managed to make laser turn on and off when it should but now I am having different problem. The laser power and speed settings are always the same while cutting, no matter the settings I put before generating GCCode. I've also tried to set power and speed manually in controls tab, just before pressing "run job" but it also doesn't seem to help.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:12:14 PM by Ryuzaki »

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 01:20:15 PM »
You question can probably be best answered on a LaserWeb forum We are very tolerant (even interested) in other software packages. I use Linux so T2 & BCL are not available. Noticed that LaserWeb is but did not have any success getting started. I would be interested in your results.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Ryuzaki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 01:52:18 PM »
I would use any of these you mentioned if they would support svg files with that easy layer manipulation on those svg files. I mean maybe BCL has it, but it's gui is rather technical and I am trying to make it work for older person which would like to have everything as graphical represented as possible. But thank you for your support anyways. I'll ask on LaserWeb forum and will update you if I'll know anything new.

EDIT : With the help of one person from LaserWeb4 Google+ group I have managed to get it working, mostly. I still have this issue where laserweb is not listening to the settings of laser power and feed rate I put before generating GCode. It always go full speed and full power. Do you have any ideas why? In addition when I use LaserGRBL it behave as intended and my mahcine does respect the settings.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:41:27 AM by Ryuzaki »

nottingham82

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 07:38:16 AM »
I would use any of these you mentioned if they would support svg files with that easy layer manipulation on those svg files. I mean maybe BCL has it, but it's gui is rather technical and I am trying to make it work for older person which would like to have everything as graphical represented as possible. But thank you for your support anyways. I'll ask on LaserWeb forum and will update you if I'll know anything new.

EDIT : With the help of one person from LaserWeb4 Google+ group I have managed to get it working, mostly. I still have this issue where laserweb is not listening to the settings of laser power and feed rate I put before generating GCode. It always go full speed and full power. Do you have any ideas why? In addition when I use LaserGRBL it behave as intended and my mahcine does respect the settings.
Have you looked at the gcode? It is fairly easy to read. It will have a location power speed.  Does it have the speed and power you input in the gcode?  If so then it could still be a firmware issue (but I doubt that). Or if the speed power is not correct for some reason the gcode is being generatated wrong.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016