Author Topic: Opinion on Endurance Lasers  (Read 950 times)

Isha18

• View Profile
Opinion on Endurance Lasers
« on: September 12, 2018, 01:40:03 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum  :)

My Eleksmaker 2500mW laser has died so thought of taking this opportunity to upgrade to a more powerful laser. I saw T2laser was promoting Endurance Lasers so looked into it and am really interested in their 10 watt+ laser.

I mostly do engraving on wood, but would like to have the option to cut as well (probably nothing thicker than 6-8mm) and work with other materials.

Does anyone have experience with them? Is it worth the investment?

Thanks
Laser: Endurance 10watt+ with air assist on Eleksmaker A3 Pro running Mana 3 axis controller
Software: T2Laser

welshkoiman1962

• View Profile
Re: Opinion on Endurance Lasers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 01:14:17 AM »
hi I got a 10w its fantastic can cut through 3mm ply in 3 passes prob the best laser out there
10w Endurance laser With Makeblock Bed Running Mana se Board

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 04:44:29 AM »
If you are mainly engraving I would probably get another 2500mW TTL laser (best all rounder), but for cutting they are excellent.

5~6mm would require air assist and z-stage or axis since the depth of focus isn't that great.

Isha18

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 11:57:40 PM »
Thanks for the replies  :)

I actually went on to buy the laser, but am having some difficulty getting to grips with cutting consistently. What settings do you use for cutting 3mm ply?

I tried cutting 3.6mm oak veneered plywood with vector speed 200, power 255, 5-6 passes. If I'm cutting small circles and squares it cuts all the way through, but if I'm trying to cut anything larger & more complicated I find only some areas cut through.

I also find cutting MDF really difficult and when I use slower speeds (e.g. 100) I find the material edges become too charred.

Please see attached pic of my setup. Any tips you can provide would be much appreciated!
Laser: Endurance 10watt+ with air assist on Eleksmaker A3 Pro running Mana 3 axis controller
Software: T2Laser

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 05:36:28 AM »
Plywood varies a lot, often the inner wood is very low quality with knots and voids so cutting is inconsistent. If the resin isn't water based you'll also get a lot of flare ups and possible fire. Laser ply is much more expensive but uses premium wood for the internal layers, I use birch but alder and other woods work really well too. I haven't seen any laser oak but it may exist.

MDF sucks for lasers (and most everything else), it's generally junk. You have no idea what materials and resins are used and even for engraving you'll find areas that just won't burn.