Author Topic: Power went out mid burn...  (Read 569 times)

denmark219

• View Profile
Power went out mid burn...
« on: September 18, 2018, 06:39:24 AM »
We lost power from a storm about 16 hours into an 18 hour burn.... I haven't moved the gantry and everything is just as it was position wise when the power went out. Do any of you have any brilliant ideas on how I could restart this from the point it left off, or close to it?

I thought about just running the whole program again with the laser power off, and just turning the speed up to 150%, waiting for it to get close to where it left off, then turn the laser power on... the problem is my 0,0 is now messed up because T2 doesn't remember where it was... any help would be appreciated as this is a nice piece of wood that I really don't want to lose! Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 06:40:50 AM by denmark219 »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Power went out mid burn...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 09:23:55 AM »
If you know where it should be (position), you can easily set that using G92. Then (leaving the header intact) you could remove all the lines that have completed. This probably wouldn't be a perfect result but probably the best you can achieve.

kcmcf

• View Profile
Re: Power went out mid burn...
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 05:26:08 AM »
I had the same thing happen. i redid the picture so i started to burn from the other direction. then when it meet i stopped it , ended with a slight line where it over burned.
laser 3000mw 50x65 cm
T2 software
cnc router x carve 1000mm
UGS
Mach3
Fusion 360
Vetric Aspire