Author Topic: Need some Help with Laser  (Read 416 times)

Nordic

• View Profile
Need some Help with Laser
« on: October 20, 2018, 12:41:46 AM »
Hello everyone, thank you very much for trying to help me.

I am currently using Benbox for engraving my logo (3x2cm) in wood, since I have tried to do it with Inkscape and generate G code but I am unable to get the fill between the lines.
Therefore, I have been using Benbox because it gave me very good results for this task. The problem arose when Benbox, stopped recognizing the USB port, reading in different post, indicated that it could be for the Firmware.

Following the recommendations of this magnificent post
https://www.instructables.com/id/Benbox-With-Eleks-Laser-Engraver-GearBest-Banggood/

I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything:
Installation of BenBox 3.7.99
Download and installation of USB DRIVER - ARDUINO IDE 1.8.7 for Windows 10
With the Eleks download package, you would see the CH340 Driver
I have run as administrator and deactivated the Firmwall of my pc
Firmware Configuration:

Parameters: (see photo 3)

Currently I have managed to solve the problem of USB detection, but the result of the engraving is not good, I get the feeling that the laser is recording with more intensity but less accurate (See old logo - photo 1 & actual logo - photo 2).

Could you help me with this? Thank you very much to all

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need some Help with Laser
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 06:43:29 AM »
Looks like over burn. Increase the speed or decrease the laser power. If that is not possible change to a harder wood.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Nordic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 12:00:09 PM »

Thank you very much, with what you recommended me, I greatly improved the quality of the engraving. But I have had problems with the detection of USB with Benbox, I'm going to see another software that is better, because I can not have failures every now and then. I downloaded T2 but I still do not know how it works.
If you know any tutorial or software to recommend me, very grateful.

regards

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 12:03:42 PM »
T2Laser has tutorials in the Help menu.

It is actually very easy to use (I may be slightly biased  ;) but this is also what others have told me).

Nordic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 03:35:37 PM »
ZAX, Thanks a lot for answer.

I have been reviewing the large number of manuals, very good and detailed truth, but I have not located the part where the connection between the software and the machine is explained. I enter the selection of the USB port, and it tells me that it is connected but I can not operate the laser on / off or move the motors. I do not know if I have to do any previous modification or download of drivers.

thank you

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 05:19:43 PM »
If you only get a connected message it is either the wrong port or baud rate, you need both the connected (port was opened) and a Grbl Ready (laser responded) messages to be successful.

If you are using the old Benbox firmware it's probably 9600, all other firmware like my default Grbl 1.1e that you should be using are 115200.