Author Topic: Question and enhancement requests  (Read 214 times)

mattm58

• View Profile
Question and enhancement requests
« on: November 06, 2018, 01:00:08 PM »
Zax,

First off, I thank you for a great piece of software.  I use it almost daily.

Next, the question.  Is it possible to swap axis/rotate the working area in software?  I extended my rails on the Y axis and put cable chains in, so my working area is about 40cm x 80cm.  I'm moving the laser to a different location and the "front" where I access it will be 90 degrees to where it is now.  Just wondering if there's a way to 'rotate' the area in software so the home location is still front left after rotating the hardware 90 degrees and the x axis becomes the longer direction.  Obviously I could redo the hardware to accomplish this, just wondering if there was an easier way.  For the time being I can live with it...

Now the enhancements I'd like to see:
1 - In the header of the GRBL file add the following:
raster/vector
horizontal/diagonal
Mode (B/W, Grayscale,Dithered)

2 - Add a configurable file naming default, for example, I want to be able to set the default filename to:
source_file_name.{feed_rate}mm.{laser_power}power.{raster/vector}.x-{x-max}.y-{y-max}.nc

and be able to specify a lot of the settings that are in the file header so I don't have to open the files to see the settings (because I was too lazy to name it right when I saved it).  By making it configurable users can pick and choose what's important to them. 

Thanks!

A3 2.5w with longer rails making it ~85cm x 40cm

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Question and enhancement requests
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 02:44:56 PM »
I made an axis swap firmware that does what you want, it's in the custom menu. It's the same as default except for swapping the axis.

Those are good suggestions, adding more to the header or making a configurable default file name are both possible and shouldn't be too difficult.

mattm58

• View Profile
Re: Question and enhancement requests
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 09:37:02 AM »
Thanks Zax!
A3 2.5w with longer rails making it ~85cm x 40cm