Author Topic: T2 not working after last WIN 10 update  (Read 304 times)

aliraminghe

• View Profile
T2 not working after last WIN 10 update
« on: December 02, 2018, 03:40:22 AM »
Everything working great till yesterday.
I was ready to engrave text image, but when turning on power, laser blowing up at maximum and no response from axes.
I tried everything I have read here till this morning (EU time) laptop restarted due to a new WIN 10 update.
After that I restarted everything: removed and reinstalled driver from Elekscam softaware, updated firmware from EleksROM 3.8, both successfully. Board is EleksMana V5.2
I can see the port on device manager, but Elekscam 3.1 cannot find COM port
T2 last registered version is able to connect tomy COM6 but not getting the GRBL greeting
So I tried to flash firmware as default getting the attached result i.e. avrdude not is sync

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: T2 not working after last WIN 10 update
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 04:23:16 AM »
So basically the laser (Nano) is no longer responding, are you sure the device driver is loaded correctly?

In my experience a Windows update attempts to load the latest drivers, the Chinese UART (CH340) is a copy so won't work with the genuine driver. You can go to Device Manager and roll the driver back or force the install to their driver (use the one in T2Laser Help menu as I know it works).

Once that is installed correctly you should get the Grbl Ready which indicates the laser is responding.

aliraminghe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 05:49:23 AM »
Thanks for the support, removed and added driver, but nothing changed, I have seen the attached info on device manager

can I remove laser cables so I can make trials with a powered board without burning the desk?

I had set the laptop for US region and EN language, but before it was Italy and IT, can this mess the updates?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 05:49:56 AM by aliraminghe »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 07:53:46 AM »
You don't need the laser powered, just leave it switched off as the Nano is powered by the USB and works without any hardware attached.

Did you run Install CH340 Driver from the T2Laser Help menu? If so it will create a folder called ch340 in the root directory, in device manager do a manual update and select this driver.

Disable Windows Update for drivers as it causes nothing but problems - they need to learn "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"