Author Topic: Help needed with this tutorial ? (CLOSED)  (Read 415 times)

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed with this tutorial ? (OPEN)
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 08:29:12 AM »
Be safe. Place the resistor. Someone else may use the machine. If you need one email me an address.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2018, 07:04:42 PM »
@Don,

A 2.5 watt laser should burn a line thinner/smaller than that.
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv1qee2vb65785t/SetupBenCutLaser3.2a.zip?dl=0
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 04:13:17 AM »
If you aren't seeing a significant difference in the dot size when adjusting the focus, remove the lens cap completely and check the lens isn't stuck, upside down or missing.

It should have a spring that keeps it pressed against the end cap so be careful it doesn't fly out. If it's not floating it will not change focal distance or spot size as you adjust.

donwatson

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 10:15:21 AM »
Hi All,
I had a good session with BCL yesterday using Ralph's Tutorial #3. I think I managed to to do a lot and have some idea now of what Ralph has put into his programme. I will attach the pic I took of the last piece of card I was burning on. Everything seemed to work as I wanted even including the 2 cut circles (it was only thin card).

I am pleased with BCL and I would like to know what will happen when I purchase the full version ??
I can see why I need to create the tools but will they be wiped when I install the full version ?? if so I may as well order the full version.

I will carry on with some of the next tutorials and wait and see what happens.

Don W

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 10:22:05 AM »
Don,

>and have some idea now of what Ralph has put into his program.

Paul Henty is the co-developer of BCL. He has added a lot to the laser graphics capability and he also wrote the Virtual Laser Machine (VLM) for BCL. The VLM is perhaps the greatest feature of BCL. It is truly a Virtual Laser Machine.

Those new test shape burn lines now look good. Thin and sharp, as they should be, for a 2.5 watt laser.

When you purchase the full version of BCL, all your laser tools will still be there. They will not be over written. Same for all of your settings, etc. Your configuration files do not get over written. In other words, you should see no changes other than the top title bar displaying Paid Version.

Remember, BCL is always installed into the same folder: BenCutLaser.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 10:25:07 AM by Administrator »

donwatson

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2018, 01:26:30 PM »
Be safe. Place the resistor. Someone else may use the machine. If you need one email me an address.
@ George, I dug out a 1K resistor and have temporarily fitted it. I will try it out in the morning. Thanks for the offer.

@Ralph, I think you have a great programme here and the explanation of the layout of tabs etc.in tutorial #2 is very helpful. I look forward to working through the rest of the tutorials. It is good to know that any work I do know will not be wiped when I install the paid version.

Don W

donwatson

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2018, 07:30:21 AM »
Hi again,
I have fitted a 1K resistor and had another look into BCL and have a couple of questions.
When I start BCL it comes up with an error message from .NET framework.

Microsoft .NET Framework
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

'The process cannot access the file 'C:\BenCutLaser\BenCutLaser.lic' because it is being used by another process'

I click Continue and the message clears and the screen with the ID Code shows, I click the X, top right and the programme seems to run ok.
Is this a problem or can it be ignored ? I am using Windows 7 on a Samsung N145 PLUS Notepad.

The other problem is when I chose connect/disconnect there is a flash of the main beam for a second or so and it burns a spot. How can I cure this ? I have temporarily connected a 1K resistor as advised on the T2 thread will I need to solder it as a permanent connection or is there something else going ?
Don W

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 08:42:35 AM »
Don,

If you keep seeing that error dialog window, high light all of the text in that small window and paste here so I can read it. Do you recall what you did the last time you had BCL open and then you closed it? It's probably related to what you did just prior to the start up where you saw the error dialog message.

Let me know if this continues and if the laser beam continues to fire upon BCL start up. I may have to do a join.me with you to see what is going on with your BCL.

donwatson

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 11:42:54 AM »
Thanks Ralph,
I think I have solved the problem with the error message.
When I click on the task bar icon for BCL the little arrow thingy would start going round and then stop. I thought it had stopped loading BCL but if I leave it alone it comes to life after a couple of seconds and loads the ID Code page.
When I saw the icon had stopped loading the programme I clicked on the icon again and I then had 2 instances of BCL trying to start up hence the reason for the message that it was already started. Hope you can understand what I am talking about, I have shut down and restarted the Notepad a couple of times now just to check it out and everything starts just fine.
I am planning some more upgrades to my laser machine so I will no doubt be back.
Thanks again
Don W
EDIT I have had a look at tutorial #4 and have cut a 10mm square in 3mm plywood.
The left square was the first attempt (6 passes) and I was sure I had seen the laser shining on the base board after 2 passes.
I started another cut this time with 2 passes and voila. This is great, thanks Ralph.
PS Must go and get ready for the celebrations.
Happy New Year All

« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 12:20:07 PM by donwatson »

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2018, 02:12:27 PM »
Great news Don!

donwatson

• View Profile
Re: Help needed with this tutorial ? (CLOSED)
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »
Thanks All for your help. I will mark this topic CLOSED now as Ihave a lot of tutorials to wade through to get up to speed.
Don W

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed with this tutorial ? (CLOSED)
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2019, 05:27:39 PM »
OK. I'm always here monitoring this section for BCL questions and issues.