Author Topic: Benbox script error  (Read 956 times)

heike1

• View Profile
Benbox script error
« on: December 16, 2018, 06:04:50 AM »
Morning
I am receiving a script error when I start Benbox.  I am running benbox V3.7.99 on windows 10.  My laser is the EleksLaser-A3 Pro 2500mW.  This error started about three weeks ago and prior to that everything was working fine. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and same error shows up.  Another symptom that is now occurring is the laser will freeze during burning, I move the mouse around and it starts up again.  If I don't pay attention sometime when it stops the laser doesn't stop and continues to burn the single point.  Attached is a screen shot of the error

pippa129

• View Profile
Re: Benbox script error
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 02:19:59 AM »
Hello
I am recieving the same message, just out of interest can you use the outline function on imported images, mine will work if I draw a circle from benbox bu not on anything els and this only started when I started getting the script error?
Did you manage to find out what is causing this message

heike1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 11:03:40 AM »
No information on why the error is occurring. I can still use the outline function as before but the laser stops and it seems I cannot control the burn intensity anymore

JensK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 09:32:52 AM »
I have the same problem :( :(

GibVentura14

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 12:47:37 PM »
Hi heike1, pippa129 and JensK,

I have exactly the same problem that you are posting (same benbox, windows, etc) and I've been mad 1 month and a half because it's very annoying to see that the machine stops suddenly and you have to move the mouse to make it work. I want to tell you what I've done to solve this error, maybe it also would be a solution for you.

I've moved (no deleted) the "update.dll" to another folder and now the script error doesn't appear when I run Benbox (and the machine works like a month ago and it doesn't stops during the engraving process) I want to tell you that I don't know anything about computers, programing or something similar. I'm just a carpenter who uses the machine to engrave some client logos in my products. Maybe this "solution" is not good and it causes another problem, but i've been using the machine and the problem has disappeared in my machine. Hope it will work!

Kind regards,

PD: Excuse my english, I'm from Spain :)

Boyd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 01:49:25 PM »
I have the same script error and I believe it started with the last Windows 10 update.  The first line of the Script Error says "update.dll".  I'm taking that to mean the Benbox dll file needs to be update for whatever the change that Microsoft made to Windows 10.

Indiana Boyd

Boyd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 02:12:33 PM »
This shows how much I know about computers, the update.dll is the file reporting the script error.  After I posted I looked at a post from 2017 about Benbox security.  That post suggested deleting the curl.exe and update.dll.  I deleted both and have had Benbox open for about 10 min. and no script error.  I won't be able to run the laser until tomorrow.

Indiana Boyd