Author Topic: T2Laser with Eleksmaker A3 Pro + Draw Module (SOLVED)  (Read 410 times)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: T2Laser with Eleksmaker A3 Pro + Draw Module (SOLVED)
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2018, 11:51:18 PM »
I don't use my EleksDraw except for testing, never really found it that useful to be honest and prefer the standard configuration (seems to be more accurate and reliable).

IAmOrion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2018, 05:38:03 PM »
So what I've gathered... I need to download a version or GRBL 1.1f source (the one Zax linked to) that is made to work with a servo, then also turn on homing.

I haven't yet figured out if that servo enabled GRBL is JUST for servo mode only, of if a $ command send switches between Laser mode or Servo mode.

Out of curiosity - wouldn't it just make sense to make the servo output "mirror" the laser (with the exception of perhaps modding the source to make sure it's at the recommended 20mm/s speed for the servo only or whatever they recommend)... You'd never have both connected at the same time anyways, so I can't imagine there'd be a problem in doing that.  Might be easier than messing around changing modes etc

Also, is the EleksMaker A3 Pro (aka EleksLaser A3) a "Core XY" ? I'm assuming so since it has no Z ??

Code: [Select]
// NOTE: The following are two examples to setup homing for 2-axis machines.
//#define HOMING_CYCLE_0 ((1<<X_AXIS)|(1<<Y_AXIS))  // NOT COMPATIBLE WITH COREXY: Homes both X-Y in one cycle.
//#define HOMING_CYCLE_0 ((1<<Y_AXIS))  // EggBot: Home Y axis only.

//#define HOMING_CYCLE_0 (1<<X_AXIS)  // COREXY COMPATIBLE: First home X
//#define HOMING_CYCLE_1 (1<<Y_AXIS)  // COREXY COMPATIBLE: Then home Y

So should I only uncomment the last 2 lines?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 05:46:39 PM by IAmOrion »

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2018, 07:26:57 PM »
Also consider changing lines 90 and 135

//#define HOMING_INIT_LOCK               // Comment to disable

#define HOMING_FORCE_SET_ORIGIN               // Uncomment to enable.

I would manually place the print mechanism is the center of the fixture and have one finger on the power switch when testing. The definitions of X, Y, and direction are somewhat cryptic.

I have had my third crash into a limit switch. This time it was just after resetting the Nano. I also need to remake one of the switch holding brackets. The way it currently is the switch is vertical with the metal lever opening at the top. Prefer it to be horizontal. I understand that we can get non-contact hall effect swirches. Might be a better part if they are more precise.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2018, 11:42:29 PM »
The output required for a servo is very different to a laser. The servo needs a constant pulse width (1~4ms) to hold a particular position based on the standard 50Hz PWM (much slower than the laser at 1kHz or more).