Author Topic: T2Laser to raspberry pi  (Read 89 times)

6Firewall6

• View Profile
T2Laser to raspberry pi
« on: January 11, 2019, 08:44:05 PM »
Has anyone ever set up a way to use a raspberry pi as a server to receive commands from T2 laser via wireless?
2.5w laser A3 size
Mana SE board

Stonemull

• View Profile
Re: T2Laser to raspberry pi
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 03:40:05 AM »
Not a pi but I have used an esp 8266 running esp-link and set up a virtual TCP-com port on the pc, worked fine. Just plugged the esp into the Bluetooth serial port. I think I documented somewhere here.
Just turned out to be more of a pain trying to align a remote laser with the work piece than the benefit, but if I had a really long etch to do it's still something I would consider.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Wanhao I3+ touch
Hacked Roland DXY-880
CNC3018 engraver
CNC Plasma (work in progress)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 05:19:47 AM »
It shouldn't be too difficult, just need a sender on the Pi and save from T2Laser to the Pi.

I recently got a mini CNC mill to test and it has an offline pendant controller, I save the G-code from T2Laser to the SD card and it runs remotely. The nice thing is it has an e-stop but I have found some disadvantages like homing isn't built in but I am going to see if I can hack their controller and rewrite the code to include homing and Z-probing (memory may be an issue).

The controller is by Cronos Maker, but I have seen others like the Woodpecker.

Stonemull

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 05:46:41 AM »
My cnc plasma cutter I used a ramps board (mega2560) and added a graphic lcd, WiFi, battery and sd card, compiled Marlin in cnc mill mode and that works ok. Has homing as well. Not sure if it's the cheapest option by the time it's done but I figured it needed to be isolated from the mains and any computers given the plasma shooting around, been on pause until I build a bench for it, I think I need to add a probe and z drive as well.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Wanhao I3+ touch
Hacked Roland DXY-880
CNC3018 engraver
CNC Plasma (work in progress)