Author Topic: Help focusing blue laser  (Read 1487 times)

Rebelturtle

• View Profile
Help focusing blue laser
« on: February 16, 2019, 05:41:24 AM »
I see a lot of msgs searching the forum on focusing a laser. I understand what I need to do and how to do it. My question for help is around better ways to do it. I like the blue but I have trouble seeing with the blue. When blue LEDs are on around my they affect my vision that I can't focus my eyes. With my laser, even with the green glass on, I am best guessing the dot is the smallest /sharpest. I did read on here that someone else uses welding glasses to get close and focusing and that the green glasses are recommended for more distance viewing.

I'm asking if anyone else has this issue and what you do to get the best focus? 
Or, even if you don't have the issue, are there any tricks you can use to get a good focus? 

As I was just getting ready to post this my brain farted: Wonder if viewed through my cell camera would help me see?   Well the last kill my camera over time?

Thanks in advance! You all have been great in this forum and I like the group effort to help. It is inspiring me.

Thx
RT
Silence is Golden,
Duck tape is silver!

pedwards2932

• View Profile
Re: Help focusing blue laser
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 06:00:37 AM »
I will describe how I do focus.  I take index cards and stack them up to the exact thickness of the material I am going to be cutting or engraving.  I adjust the focus close with the low power then run a focus line at about 300mm/min and note the thickness of the burn then I keep adjusting in and burning focus lines.  You will see the lines getting thinner and you will notice it is burning thru one card into another.  When it is optimal you will see a solid burn line in the second card.  I had a hard time visually seeing optimal focus but this method you don't have to see it you have proof thru the index cards that it is focused.