Author Topic: Outline & interior cutting  (Read 240 times)

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Outline & interior cutting
« on: March 19, 2019, 11:16:23 AM »
I have been slowly developing a couple of tools to help with preparing images for laser burning. The attached files show the working of the PNG 2 SVG converter. I wanted to be able ti do both interior cutouts and the outline cut in one SVG file. The algorithm is a modified Moore's Neighborhood. Solid BLUE is used to indicate interior shapes and everything else is applied towards the part outline. All shapes must be closed.

As a final step it does a simple path optimization to reduce cutting time.

The attach PNG & SVG files have the butterfly feelers beefed up by 2 pixels. The camera image feelers are 0.9mm wide and break quite easily. Especially with the direction of the wood grain.

This cut is in 0.5mm maple veneer done on a 2.5W core-xy fixture. 3 passes at about 600mm/min.

I got really thin cuts (0.6mm) in 1.6mm basswood with 7 passes on a different image but many of the interior pieces do not want to fall out.

If you try this cut please post results and or PM me with concerns and suggestions.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

kibodwin

• View Profile
Re: Outline & interior cutting
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 12:16:30 AM »
I am playing with painted tiles... I will give it a go over the weekend if I can find 10 minutes of free time!!
=)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps