Author Topic: Linksprite 1610 CNC Engraver won't Engrave  (Read 1729 times)

tommegna

• View Profile
Re: Linksprite 1610 CNC Engraver won't Engrave
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 10:38:30 AM »
ZAX,
I HOOKED UP THE CNC CONTROL BOARD RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX, AND THERE IS NO MOVEMENT OF THE X-AXIS.  SHOULD I TRY A DIFFERENT FIRMWARE?  X-AXIS MOTOR WORKS WHEN YOU HOOK UP THE Y-AXIS WIRING!
THANKS,
TOM MEGNA

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 10:52:46 AM »
No, the board would ship with working firmware. You have another issue.

tommegna

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 10:57:36 AM »
ZAX,                                                                                                                                                    ANY IDEAS?  IS IT THE MOTOR ON THE X-AXIS??                                                                                  THANKS,
TOM MEGNA

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 11:35:00 AM »
You said the X motor works when plugged in the Y driver, in that case how can it be bad?

Have you checked the X driver current, it's possible they didn't set it from the factory.

tommegna

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 05:59:13 PM »
Zax,
Do you know what the voltage should be for the X-Motor.  Somewhere I thought I saw it was 0.8v?  I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but I really need your help to get it fixed!  I'm still trying to fix the 3d Printer, I put another new Board ZRIB V.6.0 and it still doesn't work?  The X, Y & Z won't stop jumping around? They can't find their resting spot. (sorry for the bad description)

Thanks,
Tom Megna

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2019, 04:26:25 AM »
Are you talking about the stepper driver reference voltage, for the current limit? That will depend on the driver, but typically you'd want 0.3~0.4V for a single motor (like the X driver) and 0.6~0.7V for a dual motor configuration. If the current is too high the movement will be jerky, too low and you'll lose steps.

This is not the drive voltage to the motors, that would be the power supply level (12V typically).

tommegna

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 05:24:23 AM »
Zax,
Yes this is Stepper Motor Voltage.  Would the voltages be there same for a 3d printer?I

Thanks,
Tom Megna

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 06:40:32 AM »
It depends on the drivers. Different brands use different reference voltages.

tommegna

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2019, 12:55:20 PM »
ZAX,
I GOT THE X-AXIS TO WORK BY PUTTING ANOTHER NEW CHIP IN THE BOARD OF THE SAME TYPE!
NOW I CAN'T SEEM TO ZERO THE MACHINE?  THE  Z-AXIS SEEMS  LIKE IT FALLS DOWN INTO THE PLYWOOD, BUT ITS NOT LOOSE.  SETTING BASELENE TO 0,0 ON X & Y AXIS ON LOWER LEFT THE 775 MOTOR GOES OFF THE BD TO THE FRONT OF THE MACHINE?
THANKS,                                                                                                                                    TOM MEGNA

-

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2019, 02:08:01 PM »
Are you setting XY home and Z home so all axis show zero in the coordinate display?

tommegna

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2019, 01:52:55 PM »
Zax,

I have had no luck fixing my Linksprite 1610 CNC Engraver.  I think I should give up? 
I'm not sure how to set Z- axis 0.0?  I don't understand how to turn off 3D mode?  This Machine was working fine, now I don't know what I did to it.  I guess I don't understand T2Laser Software.  All I want to do is Engrave American Flag Designs, but I  have been so upset I can't fiqure out how to do this.  I'm not even sure my Engraver will Carve Pictures of Fish!  None of this is your fault. I'm just frustrated.  I wish I could fix it and move on.  There is no way 4 motherboards can be bad!  I have watched every Video of T2Laser on the Internet!  Thank you for all your help.  You  have been very responsive with answers.  My Heath is Bad, I am Disabled, so sometimes it is difficult to figure things out.
Sincerely,
Tom Megna

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2019, 04:25:17 PM »
Is there a "Maker Space" near you? I'm not a machinist but belong to a Model Engineering club, NEMES, and most of of members are really skilled in the mechanical arts. 
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2019, 04:42:59 PM »
It is often easier to have someone show you at a maker space or similar shop.

Regarding the T2Laser issues, it is much easier via e-mail as I can provide screen clips and other documents.

To set Z0, right click the Z-house icon, to the right of the 4 way arrows and XY home button.

I suggest starting with vector, it will be much easier to learn rather than jumping in with 3D images. You can either import DXF files or trace simple clipart images. I can help you with these steps, it's not difficult.

The first step is to make sure the 3 axis are responding correctly to the manual arrow icons, then my sample shapes with XY before adding Z.

tommegna

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2019, 10:30:04 AM »
Zax,
Here are some photos.  The Engraver still doesn't work?   Please Review#
Thanks,
Tom Megna

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2019, 12:41:08 PM »
Did you mean to attach some photos?
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.