Kit Assembly > Assembly Help

clearance issue with 5.5 laser mounting

(1/1)

bansil:
SO, machine went together great using the pictures on Banggood site, until I noticed the laser head wouldn't move after bolting it down

The nuts that secured the laser head were up against the extruded metal and wouldn't move, I noticed 4 plastic spacers that were longer than the other the other 20

so I replaced the short ones on the laser side of the wheels the 5th wheel I used the stock short spacer and just added 2 washers so it was same length as the 4 pcs

Hope this helps someone

Looks crooked and off, it is just the picture

Administrator:
Ah ha...I had to do the same thing...add some washers to 'push' out the acrylic mount so there was some room behind for the screw head to clear!

I changed screws from an allen head type to a regular M3 hex head so I could get an open end wrench on it to tighten it up.

Now that I also have a 3D printer, I plan to design a plastic plate that will actually mount to that original acrylic laser mount and then have the laser head mount to the 3D plastic part. I plan to design in some room so I can remove and install a laser head and get access to its mounting screws more easily. It's on my 'to make' list.

The biggest problem (to me anyway) I found with the Benbox laser kit are those belt 'anchors'...I just hate them...they are so cheap and you need 3 arms to make a belt adjustment. I have already designed a new belt anchor that you will be able to easily adjust the belt with just two hands. I've gone through 4 design changes with 3D Sketchup but I'm ready to use my 3D printer and make my new belt anchor parts. I will be doing that soon and will see how they work in reality and post pictures here when I am finished.

And BTW, the belt anchors on my RepRap Acrylic Prusa i3 3D Printer are not any better!! So I will be working on a new belt anchor design for that as well. Add another item to my 3D Printer 'to make' list!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version