Author Topic: greyscale not working  (Read 289 times)

c.lfrost

• View Profile
greyscale not working
« on: July 16, 2019, 02:13:47 PM »
Hello all,
Been happily engraving now for a bit thanks to the original help I got in here. I am now facing a new issue. Not sure when this happened or why, but I cannot do greyscale anymore. I just does a solid black box. I assume this is an issue with the laser communication not changing the power or something. Any suggestion on things i should look at on the laser first. It engraves great in black and white, but that's the simple on off of the laser so no surprise there. Let me know what I might be able to do to fix this issue if you know. Or if i need to buy something to go between the board and the laser to have that communication.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: greyscale not working
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 06:09:39 PM »
I am not quite sure what you mean by solid black.  When etching wood I can get different levels of burn depth and charring. It is very much dependent on the wood.

II you have a sample image, settings and I have a similar wood, I would be willing to replicate you problem.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 08:14:33 AM »
Since it was working and now isn't, have you changed anything (software settings, Grbl parameters or used another program that may have modified something on your laser)?

c.lfrost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 02:04:58 PM »
no change to setting.

What i mean by black is there is no variation in depth or shade. it is just a solid black image.
I will test an image and post a picture.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 03:08:21 PM »
Please post the source image file or a portion that exhibits the unexpected behavior. What media are you burning? What are your power and speed settings? Have you tried any of the "standard" calibration or test patterns? Do you have access to an oscilloscope to examine the signal between the controller and laser module?
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.