Author Topic: TTL.  (Read 99 times)

c.lfrost

• View Profile
TTL.
« on: August 04, 2019, 02:50:34 PM »
So I have tested with the T2 greayscale test. I get one very deep solid black image. there is no variation. So I assume that this laser is not TTL compliant. What attachment can I get till I can get a new Endurance laser?

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TTL.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 03:05:37 PM »
Term term you should be using is PWM - Pulse Width Modulation, to supply varying power to the diode. The CPU will ALWAYS generate a TTL level signal, For a typical 3-wire setup this is router to the laser module. For a 2-wire setup, the signal is routed to the input of a MOSFET on the controller board which regulates the power. Both work.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

c.lfrost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 03:50:24 PM »
Term term you should be using is PWM - Pulse Width Modulation, to supply varying power to the diode. The CPU will ALWAYS generate a TTL level signal, For a typical 3-wire setup this is router to the laser module. For a 2-wire setup, the signal is routed to the input of a MOSFET on the controller board which regulates the power. Both work.

Thank you sir,

is there a PWM board that i can place between the laser and control?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 03:50:31 PM »
Is it a 2 wire laser? That would be a non-TTL laser.

The MOSFET can still switch the laser using PWM although control isn't as good. If you are just getting a black output it sounds more like something else is wrong, firmware and/or parameters.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 05:19:41 PM »
Are you using one of the test/calibration patterns?
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.