Author Topic: Up-Graded to Windows 10  (Read 176 times)

Ed

• View Profile
Up-Graded to Windows 10
« on: August 28, 2019, 03:03:22 AM »
I just installed Windows 10 on my computer - Not a upgrade a new install. With help from Zax I got my software registered to the new computer software.

My problem is I can't get it to work, It connects to the com port. On the machine tab I get the message " connected COM3 115200"
there is do X of Y movement. I am able to import a dxf file and generate code but unable to get the X or Y axis to move and the laser will not turn on.

Not sure where to start looking for the problem -- Need helop

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Up-Graded to Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 05:04:08 AM »
Do you get "Grbl Ready"?

That's the magic response from the laser that means it's connected and working, if not then you probably don't have the correct COM driver loaded. It needs to be the one from wch.cn to work with the CH340 UART on the Chinese Nano clones.

Since Windows probably installed something else (newer) it's not possible to replace it by clicking in the Help menu, you'll have to do it manually using Device Manager.

Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 03:33:12 PM »
Zax - Thangs again for your help. My problem turned out to be it was connected to com3, I disconnected it and connected to com 5 and all started working. The fact that it said it was connected got me confused, don't know if it is something about Windows 10 or not

ed

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 06:51:27 PM »
Connected means just that, connected to the COM driver. If there's no laser on the other end you won't get the Grbl Ready response.