Author Topic: Minor bug in T2  (Read 1572 times)

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Minor bug in T2
« on: July 07, 2016, 10:40:56 AM »
First let me start with this, the cause of this issue is due to user error. I'm only mentioning this because of the need to use task manager to close the app once this has happened.

Running on Windows 7 64bit using either 1.2t or 1.2w, when you try and open an image (jpg, bmp, etc...) while in sketch mode, a MessageBox pops up and displays an invalid file type warning. When I click okay I get an IndexOutOfRangeException that keeps popping up no matter how many times I click ok. I didn't check to see if it would eventually go away once all the items were attempted to be loaded or if it was stuck in an infinite loop. I gave up after about 20-30 clicks and just used the task manager to close the app.

I quickly realized my error but the (seemingly) never ending IndexOutOfRangeExceptions seemed to warrant this post. Just in case someone else stumbles upon it as well.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Minor bug in T2
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 02:08:26 PM »
Thanks. I have fixed it.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 02:43:31 PM »
You're welcome  :)

cameraman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 04:05:42 AM »
I've found another bug,

when I use the Sketch option and enter text, the following will cause a crash:

I type:  Frans, Debbie and Jaden
I've narrowed it down to the comma causing the failure.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 06:33:15 AM »
I've found another bug

Uh oh, call the exterminator  :o

Thank you for pointing that out, it's related to how .Net sees the comma delimiter - I have added an escape character around it so it will now be seen as a comma and not a separator.

It's working in my alpha code (not yet released) and once I finish a couple of new additions I will release it as a beta. It should be sometime next week depending how many hurdles I have to jump.

The only problem is the old sketch format will no longer load, not sure how many people are saving/loading sketches but if that's a problem let me know. I can either write some code to automatically convert them or a separate program to update them.